Comparison trading up

/ trading up #1  

Richard R.

Tractor
2000 ford/ bushhog loader, 3203 john deere, 5035 mahindra ML130 FEL
I have had a 3203 with a 300 loader for about 6 years. bought it new.
I have never been that happy with the loader it just doesn't life that much weight. So i was thinking of trading up to a 40 hp like the 4105 with the 400
loader. I would like some input on this trade. And also will the fork attachment for the 300 loader fit the 400 loader?

/ trading up #2  
If not happy, I would trade up. I think the JD 300 & 400 loaders share the same attachment system so you should be able to keep your forks.

/ trading up #3  
I understand wanting to move up in power, but the 4105 uses the 300cx loader not any of the 400 series loaders. Your gain in lifting power will be more than the 3203 but not any of the 3000twenty series tractors. Acording to the books I have, the lifting capacity is the same for the 4105 and any 3000twenty series with the 300cx loader. You would be better off getting a 4000twenty series tractor if your wanting to go bigger all around.

/ trading up #4  
I have had a 3203 with a 300 loader for about 6 years. bought it new.
I have never been that happy with the loader it just doesn't life that much weight. So i was thinking of trading up to a 40 hp like the 4105 with the 400
loader. I would like some input on this trade. And also will the fork attachment for the 300 loader fit the 400 loader?

How much do you want to lift? How high do you want to lift? Are you using Forks only? or also bucket. How much do they weigh?

Couple of examples - 3320 w/300CX / Horst Forks. Lifted skid of tile about 2" to remove from pickup. 40 boxes @ 47# each = 1,880 # plus weight of forks. Will also lift tile skid off ground 2" - 3" for transport, but no higher. Can lift cu.yd. bag of dirt high enough to place on trailer.

I understand your frustration, but before you spend money to upgrade, be clear what you are trying to achieve.

/ trading up #5  
If you look Deere says you can put a 300CX on the 3203, that might be an idea too, just need more ballast for the rear though

/ trading up
I went to the deere dealier today and looked at the 4120.with the 400x.
the spec. on the 400 lift capc. 2368 lbs at pivot. Were as the 300x is 740lbs
at the pivot. so thats around three times the lift and I think that will satisfy what I want. and I think with trade in on my 3203 with 145 hrs I,m looking at around $12,000 more to get where I want to be. I just wish that JD would put the ( i'm not sure what the correct term is the slide adjusters on the hitch arms) on the 40 Hp series. it would make it easer to connect when not lined up. By the way I am 6'3" and 150lbs . I think that ford and Mahendra
are now building for short people I looked at them and when I place my foot on the brake of directional pedels my knees were like I was riding a gocart.
pedels way to close to the seat.

/ trading up #7  
Depending on your application you might consider the 400CX. It is Self Leveling and also has higher lift specs.