Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,761  
Wait, you guys are burning, and/or cutting up autumn olive? No offense but that sounds like a huge waste of time.

The rootballs are super weak. Just bulldoze it with your front loader! Get the whole thing out of the ground, push smash it all into a pile somewhere, and it dies quickly.

I cannot fathom trying to attack my invasive bushes (autumn olive, buckthorn, honeysuckle) with anything other than a front loader. I could spend my whole life attacking it by hand and never keep up.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,762  
Wait, you guys are burning, and/or cutting up autumn olive? No offense but that sounds like a huge waste of time.

The rootballs are super weak. Just bulldoze it with your front loader! Get the whole thing out of the ground, push smash it all into a pile somewhere, and it dies quickly.

I cannot fathom trying to attack my invasive bushes (autumn olive, buckthorn, honeysuckle) with anything other than a front loader. I could spend my whole life attacking it by hand and never keep up.
Well some of us live in the hills. The only place it is a problem now is too steep for an ATV, if there was not a deep ditch on the bottom I would free fall the tractor down and then drive back around to the top. Done that in place with a landing strip on the bottom.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,763  
Do you guys deal with Mile-a-Minute weed? (Not Kudzu, sorry southerners)

That stuff got several mature wild cherry trees before we finally managed to mow enough of it back regularly enough.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,764  
Well some of us live in the hills. The only place it is a problem now is too steep for an ATV, if there was not a deep ditch on the bottom I would free fall the tractor down and then drive back around to the top. Done that in place with a landing strip on the bottom.
Fair point. When I first got my land, I did a fair amount of bush-pulling using a brush-grubber off a long chain, in hilly areas myself. It's a two man-job if you don't want to constantly get on/off the tractor/ATV, but it can go pretty quick as well.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,765  
Fair point. When I first got my land, I did a fair amount of bush-pulling using a brush-grubber off a long chain, in hilly areas myself. It's a two man-job if you don't want to constantly get on/off the tractor/ATV, but it can go pretty quick as well.
I cleared my 30' high dam like that until I could have a landing strip on the bottom. A lot by myself, but now I can mow it in free fall....
The problem with hill side is the 30 wide bushes of Autumn olive half way up a 200' slope. You have to cut your way in to get to the trunk, while standing on a 70-80 degree slope. The stuff within 30 feet of the drive is easy as is the stuff you can drive to.
The top of the ridge is big trees with no room to work and National Forest so I really can't remove the trees, plus it's about a 1/4 mile long on my piece and holler goes back a mile or so into federal land.
I'll get to it right after I pull all the willows out of one of the back ponds. Never stops and never will but it keep me out of trouble.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,766  
I also will dig out honeysuckle with my FEL. I also can’t get to all of it because of hills or too many trees. This fall when most of the brush was dead but the honeysuckle was still green I sprayed it with Roundup. I’ll see in the spring if that helped or not.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,767  
Another nice day here today, so I sorted some logs,

Resized-20231220-142003-S.jpg

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,768  
Another nice day here today, so I sorted some logs,

Resized-20231220-142003-S.jpg

SR

Sorting by species or quality ? Nice day here too. In the 20's and sunny.

We lost most of our snow. I was going to pull out firewood this week but there is water every where - places I have never seen it. I can get around with the 4 wheeler so I did some trail/woods road maintenance instead. Never ending this year with all the wind and heavy wet snow.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,770  
Sorting by species or quality ? Nice day here too. In the 20's and sunny.

We lost most of our snow. I was going to pull out firewood this week but there is water every where - places I have never seen it. I can get around with the 4 wheeler so I did some trail/woods road maintenance instead. Never ending this year with all the wind and heavy wet snow.

gg
All our snow is gone and the swamps that used to be my woodlands will be frozen on top and soggy underneath with the cold weather for the next few days, and then more rain is expected next week.😱