Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,751  
a week after I'm dead, someone will come along and find that the stuff cures whatever killed me, lol.
I had to laugh at this! đź‘Ť
The problem with any of them when growing along streams is that they drop berries into the water, and colonize downstream. We have places where there was a home years ago with honeysuckle. Over the years the berries would run down hill in spring melts, so there’s a mass of honeysuckle a half mile away. Then birds eat the berries and spread the seeds…There’s also something about the knotweed pollen that inhibits trout populations.

I’ve heard about the goats but they don’t do anything to the root system, which can be several feet down. I’ve also heard of pouring concrete slabs on top of them… it may take a while but eventually tendrils will start creeping out from under it.

Sounds like something from a Stephen King movie… :eek:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,752  
4 x 4 x 8 is cord here split. I'm sure the price varies from different areas of the country. In my area we are blessed with an abundant amount of wood.:)
But is it hardwood?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,753  
I think with that little saw the 3" thorns on Autumn Olive will eat you alive, let alone with Multiflora and others mixed in. Bad enough to stick a 20" bar through the mess to drop some branches to open a hole. Most of mine is on steep hill on the other side of 2-3' deep ditch. Where I can get tractor and brush hog it's not a problem ;)
Once I close shop I'll let the cattle in there to clean house, if they won't the goats will be be bought.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I love my pole pruner for cutting this stuff down and then my grapple for hauling to the pile. then I come back and clean up the stump with my chainsaw and then Tordon it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,754  
But is it hardwood?
I would not trade our Douglas fir out here for many hardwoods. It has approx. 75% of the BTUs, grows straight as an arrow, splits easily, stacks tight and the trees grow so large that 1 tree is all I need for a winter. But I certainly don't turn down any hardwood that I can get.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,755  
Story in Local News. Very unfortunate, fatality.

(Name Deleted), who was working for (Business name deleted)’s Tree Service, was ascending a 100-foot tree, equipped with his own harness, paracord flip rope, safety rope, lanyard and chainsaw, cutting branches on his way up, according to the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office. A coworker was controlling the safety rope from the ground when he heard a yell, before the Delong fell from about 40 to 50 feet up the tree and hit the ground, according to KCSO.

A KCSO investigation found that a rope connected to (Name Deleted)’s harness had been severed, KCSO spokesman Kevin McCarty reported, though the reason why was unknown. The shadow cast by the tree’s branches obscured the coworker’s view of the moment Delong’s rope was cut.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,757  
No, most is fir, you fellows back east are blessed with mostly hard wood (y) .
However, what you call fir is a lot different from the fast growing, short lived, soft wooded (balsam) fir which we know.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,758  
However, what you call fir is a lot different from the fast growing, short lived, soft wooded (balsam) fir which we know.
Oh yes, Doug Fir is the most predominate and a few other species.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,759  
Around here is every flavor of Oak and Hickory dominating the woods.