Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,731  
Funny how my grandparents really liked those fast growing Asian plants for the post WWII building boom.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,732  
Resized_20231110_122718.jpeg

This is one of the best things I ever bought to help with firewood and cleaning up the Autumn Olive and other stuff. One battery will last hours. Very light and ergonomic for one hand use. Very fast cutting. Oiless design but I still put a little oil on chain occasionally. It goes with me on the trails. I carry a gas saw as well for bigger stuff. I have cut a 10" ash down with no trouble.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,733  
I think with that little saw the 3" thorns on Autumn Olive will eat you alive, let alone with Multiflora and others mixed in. Bad enough to stick a 20" bar through the mess to drop some branches to open a hole. Most of mine is on steep hill on the other side of 2-3' deep ditch. Where I can get tractor and brush hog it's not a problem ;)
Once I close shop I'll let the cattle in there to clean house, if they won't the goats will be be bought.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,734  
After my father died I took a ride through the field and was dismayed at the amount of autumn olive there was. I spent two days cutting and stump treating, hauling the brush off into the woods. That was 5 years ago. I knocked it back but can't say that I controlled it.

When my mother is done with the property it likely will be sold to a developer anyways so I'm not going to worry about it.

You have Autumn Olive in Maine where you are ?? I've not seen it around here - thank goodness. We have enough other stuff already. For some reason I thought that was a more southern plant/tree.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,735  
I think with that little saw the 3" thorns on Autumn Olive will eat you alive, let alone with Multiflora and others mixed in. Bad enough to stick a 20" bar through the mess to drop some branches to open a hole. Most of mine is on steep hill on the other side of 2-3' deep ditch. Where I can get tractor and brush hog it's not a problem ;)
Once I close shop I'll let the cattle in there to clean house, if they won't the goats will be be bought.
As long as you have good fencing, I would get you a few goats, they are up for the job!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,736  
That little saw did 90 % of the cutting on the island. It really impressed me and 2 people that work with me went and bought one after using mine. And yes,
20231114_152421.jpg
I have had my share of those awful thorns. You must have really tough cows! :)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,738  
What's next on the list? Save the Honeysuckle? or the Kudzu? Maybe the Autumn Olive?:confused::confused:
according to my nosey neighbor, cutting down dead pine trees is verboten in her world. Even if it could fall on my equipment trailer. Got to save the woodpeckers now. Lol

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,739  
according to my nosey neighbor, cutting down dead pine trees is verboten in her world. Even if it could fall on my equipment trailer. Got to save the woodpeckers now. Lol
Ugh.. I had a lady get upset because I was cutting down all the lovely grapevine along the trails.:rolleyes:
20231215_160223-1.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,740  
I finished splitting my firewood for the year unless I get some more trees that fall over. I need some colder weather to burn some so I have room in my storage area.
View attachment 838252
Nice firewood, but I really like your gas can. That is my favorite style. I have a few but they are impossible to find around here. :rolleyes: The govt. don't trust us with a working gas can.:mad: