Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,631  
I had a weird thing happen today.
I'm slowly working up a load of fir studwood, and today was cutting a
new trail. 20231210_140211.jpgI had dropped the fir in the foreground and was limbing it when my hard hat suddenly went flying, landing about 8 feet behind me. I looked and looked for a springpole but couldn't find one.
20231210_140250.jpg
I took a break, then went back and looked again but never could figure out what happened.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,632  
Sounds like close call :unsure: glad hat was on.(y)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,633  
Sounds like close call :unsure: glad hat was on.(y)
I honestly don't know. It seems like a small spring pole came up and sent it flying, except that I couldn't find the culprit.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,635  
Wood Nymph?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,636  
It must have been laying there somewhere, quiet, relaxed, and unrecognizable - all unsprung - after it did it's dirty work. So many strange things can happen in the woods. Personal protection equipment can't be under rated and shouldn't be ignored. It must have been pretty substantial to send your helmet that far.

No rain up your way today ?

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,638  
It must have been laying there somewhere, quiet, relaxed, and unrecognizable - all unsprung - after it did it's dirty work. So many strange things can happen in the woods. Personal protection equipment can't be under rated and shouldn't be ignored. It must have been pretty substantial to send your helmet that far.

No rain up your way today ?

gg
It started raining here at about dusk... but coming down hard now.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,640  
I had a weird thing happen today.
I'm slowly working up a load of fir studwood, and today was cutting a
new trail. View attachment 837419I had dropped the fir in the foreground and was limbing it when my hard hat suddenly went flying, landing about 8 feet behind me. I looked and looked for a springpole but couldn't find one.
View attachment 837420
I took a break, then went back and looked again but never could figure out what happened.

Are you going to ship the fir or saw it up for lumber on your new mill ??

gg