Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,282  
It looks like it does the job very well. Having never run, or even seen for that matter, an electric chainsaw I'm curious about what the advantages are for you the way you use it over a gas saw ?? Thanks.

gg
I just keep the battery charged & I have a 2nd on on the tractor if needed. Best things about it no gas to go bad and it will start up as soon as you pull the trigger dose not matter if it is hot or cold out. I have bad joints and a gas saw was very hard for me to start. Just add bar lube from time to time and keep the chain sharp and the saw just runs and runs. It is a 16" not a 18" I just notice I typed the wrong size.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,283  
I just keep the battery charged & I have a 2nd on on the tractor if needed. Best things about it no gas to go bad and it will start up as soon as you pull the trigger dose not matter if it is hot or cold out. I have bad joints and a gas saw was very hard for me to start. Just add bar lube from time to time and keep the chain sharp and the saw just runs and runs. It is a 16" not a 18" I just notice I typed the wrong size.

That makes it a good choice for you. It amazes me how many options are available today to get stuff done. (y) A tool or method for everybody almost.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,285  
I would like to have one to keep in the truck, for moving trees out of the road. In the time that it takes to get my gas saw warmed up I could have the tree out of the way. I also could keep it in the cab as there is no gas fumes to worry about. (Spill pads for the B&C oil)
It also would be useful around the sawmill, and for other purposes.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,286  
If I remember correctly, Hunt was fairly impressed with his, I don't think it was enough to convert to electric completely, but it did very well.

I have a little one from Stihl, it's the best Father's Day gift ever (aside from my daughters of course!!) Super handy for anything that the 4" bar can cut. I like it because it truly is one handed, so if you are up on a ladder or reaching from the tractor platform, you can hold on with one hand & prune with the other. The other day i was up on the roof pruning back some branches that were overhanging the roof. I didn't have to get too close to the edge & felt very comfortable doing so because my stance was more comfortable. I could hold the cutoff with my left hand pulling it tight, then just toss it over the side.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,287  
I would like to have one to keep in the truck, for moving trees out of the road. In the time that it takes to get my gas saw warmed up I could have the tree out of the way. I also could keep it in the cab as there is no gas fumes to worry about. (Spill pads for the B&C oil)

We have a 16" 40v Husquvarna. We also use a 21" Husky gas unit. The electric does far more work than the gas unit owing to convenience. We have 3 batteries, keep them charged.

Property owner keeps another electric in his truck as do I to clear anything that comes down across the road when we are not about. Most often when we are going out on the trails, an electric goes with. They beat a bow saw!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,288  
I have the one Harbor Freight sells. Very handy for small jobs and it goes in the SxS when we ride trails.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,289  
I have the one Harbor Freight sells. Very handy for small jobs and it goes in the SxS when we ride trails.
I also have one that is/was a go to saw BUT they quit selling the Lynxx saw & you can no longer get a battery for it.
Mine no longer holds a charge for more then 15~20 min and will soon be USELESS.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,290  
I also have one that is/was a go to saw BUT they quit selling the Lynxx saw & you can no longer get a battery for it.
Mine no longer holds a charge for more then 15~20 min and will soon be USELESS.
You can nearly certainly fix the battery. They're sure to be 18650 cells inside. Check YouTube. Gotta be something. Maybe a litheli battery?