Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,991  
Been doing tree 🌲 work as a hobby for over 4 decades , nobody ever wants to help so I have just developed some skills to not bugger myself up as I plod along .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,993  
Been doing tree 🌲 work as a hobby for over 4 decades , nobody ever wants to help so I have just developed some skills to not bugger myself up as I plod along .
Nice tractor, by the way. I've got a 2001, but went with the Woods 1012 loader.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,994  
Nice tractor, by the way. I've got a 2001, but went with the Woods 1012 loader.
Thank you .
Mine is a 2000 model with a little over 5000 hours on her .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,995  
I agree, I do all my cutting by myself..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,996  
19D3DC12-8493-487D-B3FE-A9708FB2BCD2.jpeg

I got a new to me splitter yesterday, a Yardmax 25 ton. The guy lives about 2 miles away and had a trailer for sale sitting along the road. He sold it in about 2 hours I found out when I stopped to look at it. He told me he had a snow plow for sale I went back to look at and the next thing I know I’m bringing the splitter home. The guys moving from his 20 acres to town.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,997  
I do 90+% by myself, I do get the Mrs. out there on occasion to help stack in the crates, it just goes a lot faster. I built an outfeed table and she's happy to take the logs off of there, she has zero interest in touching the splitter.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,998  
I do 90+% by myself, I do get the Mrs. out there on occasion to help stack in the crates, it just goes a lot faster. I built an outfeed table and she's happy to take the logs off of there, she has zero interest in touching the splitter.
When we used a splitter, my lady would run the lever and I would load the rounds and take off the splits. Now she runs the processor and I run the tractor. Sold the splitter and do not miss it. With the processor we get two years of firewood cut and split in 16 hrs and cost is $450. It takes longer to stack in totes than to cut and split. No chains to sharpen or fuel or bar oil either. If I had more totes I would not even need to stack the splits, just run them from the conveyor to the tote.

If I was younger, I would buy a processor and go into business.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,999  
When we used a splitter, my lady would run the lever and I would load the rounds and take off the splits. Now she runs the processor and I run the tractor. Sold the splitter and do not miss it. With the processor we get two years of firewood cut and split in 16 hrs and cost is $450. It takes longer to stack in totes than to cut and split. No chains to sharpen or fuel or bar oil either. If I had more totes I would not even need to stack the splits, just run them from the conveyor to the tote.

If I was younger, I would buy a processor and go into business.
That would be fantastic if there was a processor available nearby to rent.... The nearest rental place is 45 mins away, lucky if they have any firewood equipment at all.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Kubota B6200 (A33526)
Kubota B6200 (A33526)
Ford F250 Engine (A33041)
Ford F250 Engine...
CHAIN SLING (A32908)
CHAIN SLING (A32908)
Sany SY50 Hydraulic Excavator Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50...
2017 International HX620 Truck (A33544)
2017 International...
(6) Empty Torch Carts (A33349)
(6) Empty Torch...