Tractoring--The Video Game

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #1  

glennmac

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota L3430
Let's face it. We here really don't do much if any tractoring. We mainly just sit here at computers and type stuff about tractoring that we learned from other website junkies who don't do any tractoring.

I mean, the proof is in the pudding: our tractor webmaster guru and leading tractor author doesn't even own a tractor.

So, let's chuck any remaining outdoor experiences and pretensions and go completely virtual.

One of you computer geeks should develop a TBN tractoring video game. Think of the benefits. No more going out into the sweltering heat and freezing cold. No more struggling with implements. No more damaged equipment and accidents. No more expenses after the initial purchase price of the video game.

I recommend we have modules on purchasing and operating. Defaults for obnoxious John Deere dealers. Allow people to configure their dream tractor and have 360 degree rotating views of it. Have perspectives from the tractor seat position showing hills and swamps and toys on the lawn. Require evasive maneuvers.

As hardware adjuncts, we could sell computer chairs shaped like tractor seats and computer joysticks shaped like FEL joysticks. The seats of course should be hydraulically connected to the game environment, so we can simulate a front wheel dipping into a gully or even a tipover.

We would of course continue our TBN chats, just as we do now, discussing our make-believe tractor experiences, just as we do now.

Computer geeks and virtual tractorers, use your imaginations. Free us from the 5/16" Labonville chains that shackle us to the virgin hooks on our unused FELs.

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #3  
<font color=blue>don't do much if any tractoring. We mainly just sit here at computers</font color=blue>

Absolutely right the last month and a half, since it got too hot and dry to anything but stay in the house./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif But I'm hoping to learn enough here that I can use my tractor again if the weather ever changes./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #4  
Glen,

Do you think we could achieve the same pucker factor from having our computer monitor tell us our chair is at 34 degrees tilt as having a 4000 lb tractor tell us by coming up on 2 wheels?

I love the idea and have often traveled down the road of how do people get any tractoring in if they are always on TBN. My conclusion is that many (myself included) are guilty of ducking onto TBN while supposedly be productive at work. I have accessed TBN twice from home to check on responses to my posts otherwise any freetime I have at home is spent pursueing hobbies and tractoring has become a major hobbie.

Should mention that use TBN as stress relief and way to separate projects ie. I jump on before moving on to the next piece of business, kind of a reset.
Hope someone develops the game it might be a good way to start my daughter (6 yrs old) a tractoring.

bruce

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #5  
Interesting idea. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>I mean, the proof is in the pudding: our tractor webmaster guru and leading tractor author doesn't even own a tractor.</font color=blue>

Hmm, perhaps I should mention that yes, I have owned tractors in the past, and have put in many hours in the operator's seat on many different tractors... that is of course, if you thought for some reason I don't have real tractor experience. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif And of course, I'm not done with tractors yet, either.

msig.gif

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #6  
Well, my friends, the game has already been developed and most of us have purchased it!!

We all have spent somewhere between $12-$20K+ dollars on the game. It is real-time excitement with real-life adventures. In fact, we work up a sweat and go to bed with sore muscles, imprints of the seat on our behinds, and our better halves shaking their heads as to why they ever let us buy these toys.

Live action is always more fun than the game. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #7  
Exactly... although I think Glenn is talking about a game for the guys who bought the real thing and spend all day on TBN. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #8  
Well, I suppose you have to have something to do to get out of the hot sun or rainy weather.

All we need know is a venture capitalist. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Even better.... it should be an Internet enabled game so you could join your friends to work on projects together, participate in tractor pulls...

Geez, gotta get a life... boy it is Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by TerryinMD on 08/24/01 02:56 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #9  
Hey,If need it now, it's not much but Tonka has a pc game for the lil ones.That even comes with a controls setup that fits over a standard keyboard.For about $30....I think they even have an expansion-pack out for it...If I had lil ones I'd buy it just to check it out...

unfortunately no force feed back yet...
Ya'll ejoy...

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D

/ Tractoring--The Video Game #10  
Glenn,

Check out http://www.howstuffworks.com

Search on "Hydraulics" and click on the Cat Tractor/Loader/Backhoe reference. You can run the backhoe with you mouse.

This should keep you away from TBN for a couple of weeks. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Al