Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
They don't come up in a search on their web site and the folks working there say they have NEVER heard of a plow bolt. :confused:

Wish I had a Agri Supply nearby. Nearest is an hour away.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #2  
wouldn't expect anyone there to know, but its a good day for a road trip.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #3  
Or Just about any tractor dealership.
Last time I was in a TSC they thought an OEM Briggs oil filter was worth $16. About 4 years ago.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #4  
My brother orders them by the big box fills. Hes probably never been in a tractor supply.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #5  
With some of the help that they get today, it is no surprise. The other day, I was told that they no long sold the hoses for propane tanks. They sell propane, they sell tanks, no hoses in stock. Half the time little to no cat food. A lot of brands of horse feed, they are out. Most of the city kids that they have to hire have no idea what fence is. One young boy did not know the difference between sweet feed and pellets. They have to hire who they can to just open the store.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #6  
i am glad the store by us is well stocked and they generally have good help.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #7  
With some of the help that they get today, it is no surprise. The other day, I was told that they no long sold the hoses for propane tanks. They sell propane, they sell tanks, no hoses in stock. Half the time little to no cat food. A lot of brands of horse feed, they are out. Most of the city kids that they have to hire have no idea what fence is. One young boy did not know the difference between sweet feed and pellets. They have to hire who they can to just open the store.
Never had a problem with cat food, but they always seem to be out of their store brand litter. Not gonna pay 2x as much for Tidy Cats. Store brand's a good deal, usually cheaper than speedy-dry from the auto parts store.

If I'm not mistaken, the individual store managers do not control what gets ordered, the stores get what the warehouse sends. I'm sure the register sales data is used by the home office, but from what I was told, the stores don't even know for sure what's on the truck until they unload it.
Seems to be going around, Dollar General is the same way.

/ Tractor Supply doesn't have plow bolts #10  
You need to go to Fastenal for dome head plow bolts or a place that puts new cutting steel on snowplows. The people at TSC wouldn't know a dome head plow bolt from a shoestring. BTW, dome head plow bolts are A325.