Tractor related spam email?

/ Tractor related spam email? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
Does TBN rent or sell its email list?

Lately, I've been getting inundated with tractor-related spam email. I'm not sure what touched off this recent wave. Just thought I'd ask.

/ Tractor related spam email? #2  
No we don't sell or rent our list. They must have found you some other way. :devilish:

/ Tractor related spam email?
Thanks. I figured that was the case, but thought I’d ask.

/ Tractor related spam email? #4  
I'm getting emils on a different topic. I had been using Windows built-in handler and it had no way to handle junk mail. At least that worked. I switched to Thunderbird. I still get the emails but they're easier to handle now--They never make it to my Inbox view. And whatever you do, DO NOT click on the Unsubscribe link that's typically included in the email. All that does is confirm an active email account. I did that once and got a "page not found" error. :cautious:

/ Tractor related spam email? #5  
No we don't sell or rent our list. They must have found you some other way. :devilish:
Are you intimately familiar with EVERYTHING the third party scripts running on this site are doing??

/ Tractor related spam email? #6  
Are you intimately familiar with EVERYTHING the third party scripts running on this site are doing??
Well they are certainly not accessing our user database to get email addresses.

/ Tractor related spam email? #7  
   / Tractor related spam email? #8  
some scripts are capable of doing so...
Correction...the scripts don't hack the database...the scripts can use cookies etc to retrieve data from a users browser...i.e, especially if they keep log in etc data in a manager etc..but it is still third party scripts running on sites that do this...

/ Tractor related spam email? #9  
PSA

Block all third party cookies...!!

/ Tractor related spam email? #10  
Correction...the scripts don't hack the database...the scripts can use cookies etc to retrieve data from a users browser...i.e, especially if they keep log in etc data in a manager etc..but it is still third party scripts running on sites that do this...

That's outside of what our standard networks would do as taking data out of a browser (stored) without consent violates data protection laws that the networks are otherwise bound by. So if you are able to prove this we can take it to a data protection agency. Personally I don't block any of our cookies and haven't had any issues.