Tractor lots are full

/ Tractor lots are full #161  
We pay quarterly in advance, totals low six figures each year. It’s painful when half of all adults pay nothing. I’m providing a lot of folks free stuff and welfare
You are also providing a lot of other corporations the same.
Taxes are not just in the form of "Income".

/ Tractor lots are full #162  
Magnesium chloride is more corrosive to automobile bodies than rock salt is.

Your state is arid, with mild winters, very little snowfall, and low relative humidity. That’s why your cars don’t rust.
You use volcanic cinders because you have vast fields of lava fields. That’s not common other places.

Sand doesn’t readily spread at twenty below zero unless it’s mixed with salt.

Magnesium chloride brine is sprayed on the road before the snow even starts. It’s highly corrosive to cars and bridges. Cars are replaceable when they corrode, and deaths aren’t exactly inexpensive or desirable either.
Not all of my state has mild winters. The northern third is high elevation Rocky Mountains and high plains and can get deep blowing snow and black sheet ice on the roads. Not seeing the corrosion with the mag chloride. It is also used in neighboring Colorado and I have never seen a rusty newer vehicle there either.

Last edited:
   / Tractor lots are full #163  
Magnesium chloride is more corrosive to automobile bodies than rock salt is.

Your state is arid, with mild winters, very little snowfall, and low relative humidity. That’s why your cars don’t rust.
You use volcanic cinders because you have vast fields of lava fields. That’s not common other places.

Sand doesn’t readily spread at twenty below zero unless it’s mixed with salt.

Magnesium chloride brine is sprayed on the road before the snow even starts. It’s highly corrosive to cars and bridges. Cars are replaceable when they corrode, and deaths aren’t exactly inexpensive or desirable either.
Ever been to Taos? How about Raton? NM gets serious snow in some places.

The salt that most of y'all use up north is not mined there either.

/ Tractor lots are full #164  
Ever been to Taos? How about Raton? NM gets serious snow in some places.

The salt that most of y'all use up north is not mined there either.
Yup. Been to both. Been stranded because the Ranton pass was closed. They get short spells of heavy snow, but it’s in general an arid climate compared to the Great Lakes and east coast, so there’s little corrosion on cars. I suspect the thin air at high altitudes arrests corrosion, too, since there’s reduced oxygen available. Never seen studies on that, though.

My son lives in Boulder. He laughs at their so called winter. It snows, but the sun comes out the next day annd the roads are clear and dry.

/ Tractor lots are full #165  
Maybe if you had the proper withholding set up in the first place you wouldn’t have to write that check.

Cry me a River.
6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.
If everyone had to write a check maybe we could have another Boston Tea Party.
I write the check because I'm responsible to not spend the money I know the gov't is going to steal from me.

Cry me a river.
My ignore list is ever growing. :LOL:

Last edited:
   / Tractor lots are full #166  
6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.
If everyone had to write a check maybe we could have another Boston Tea Party.
I write the check because I'm responsible to not spend the money I know the gov't is going to steal from me.

Cry me a river.
My ignore list is ever growing. :LOL:

Taxes don't bother me. They seem a fair price to pay for what we get.

Taken as a whole - and over the last few hundred years of history - governments seem to be getting better at doing their jobs. There is still a need for dissenters and watchdogs to keep them away from the excesses - so I figure that the complainers are doing their part too.

Of course nobody approves of all the govt actions. The government is just people and they do tend to go way overboard on stupid things. But overall the world is making progress. I like that things are getting better & don't mind paying my share.

rScotty

/ Tractor lots are full #168  
Are the tractor prices coming down???
I see you can purchase a new pickup
for $149 month maybe 50 years to pay
it off????

willy