Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick?

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #31  
Started to wonder whether we would ever start seeing posts of people giving their tractors custom paint jobs to match their own color preferences.

It always jars me when I see a vintage tractor painted a different color than OEM, no matter how good the paint job.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #32  
Red with just a touch of white!!!!
560 2.jpg

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #33  
I would choose Massey red, but of course.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick?
When talking about tractors - colors are, more or less, locked in to the brand you choose. However - my last pickup, before the Taco Wagon, was a Ford F150. I took a bright white sheet of computer paper and wiped a blob of driveway mud on the sheet of paper. Let it dry. Took to the Ford dealer and asked him to match as close as possible. He came up with - Bronze Arizona Sunset. It was a pretty close match and I didn't have to hose down the Ford quite as often.

I think the color - "Dry Driveway Mud" - would be an acceptable option.
Atta Boy! 😆

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #36  
I think a lot of that is due to paint mixtures and processes as well.

Asked the Mahindra factory rep why they didn't clear coat their tractors so people wouldn't be stuck with a pink tractor 2 years later. He said they have now. He told me they added a clear coat to the paint mixture that holds up better. I think they started that in like 2018-19 or so.

Saw an old Case tractor that was in the shop and it had a gorgeous shiney, wet paint job. The owner was there, and I asked him how did he get that? He replied he had the whole tractor painted red, with clear coat on top. It was like an 80's model tractor, and it looked sharp.
2011 . . .

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #37  
30 years as a fireman, I'm partial to red. ;)

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #38  
I'd have to go with the old school Case orange and tan.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #40  
I want THIS! :)

This one's a little too "blingy"

Last edited: