Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick?

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #51  
I think a lot of that is due to paint mixtures and processes as well.

Asked the Mahindra factory rep why they didn't clear coat their tractors so people wouldn't be stuck with a pink tractor 2 years later. He said they have now. He told me they added a clear coat to the paint mixture that holds up better. I think they started that in like 2018-19 or so.
Pink works for some operators (not my tractor here, though):

Attachments

• Pink Jubilee with loader.jpg
    Pink Jubilee with loader.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 81
   / Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #52  
A buddy of mine painted this Cub for his daughter:

Attachments

• Samantha Knowles' pink Farmall Cub.jpg
    Samantha Knowles' pink Farmall Cub.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 68
   / Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #53  
Just in time for Halloween:

Attachments

• Halloween N.jpg
    Halloween N.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 80
   / Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #54  
Kinda localish farm, mostly potatoes, cabbage, and some corn, Bulls-hit Farm and Ranch, paints everything But the tractors Baby Blue.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #55  
Ford Blue and white always looked better than NH's blue/white/gray/black/yellow. For example a brand new Ford 3930 or 4630 looks better than a brand new New Holland 3930 or 4630.

The old blue Fords were some good looking machines.

I do find that some of the JD 5000 series tractors that had some black paint on them made for a nice contrast to just green and yellow.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #58  
Because it is branding and trademark and that is the way it has always been and for some people tradition counts.

That said, most paint jobs on tractors suck. Must not be very proud of their branding / trademark. NH has done relatively well but the family lines have not rubbed off at all to their brothers over at Case IH. 2007 paint, absolutely sucks, 2018 no better. When not working these tractors live inside the barn with the doors closed. I hate to think what they would look like if parked outside. Case IH use the excuse that red is the hardest color of all to prevent fading in. Look close at the brochures and get pictures when the tractor is new because it won't be like that long. I wax mine once a year with good product and they still look shabby.

My 55 year-old and 40 year-old JD's paint still looks pretty good, especially the 40 year-old.

The one that really stinks is Rhino from 2008, no prep at all, flakes off in big sheets.

If it was not such a PITA I'd strip mine down and repaint all three then clear coat them. The black engines and frames are not that bad but the red is worse than a bomb job with spray cans. The cab tractors are the hardest to repaint. The question is, why bother? Case IH isn't proud enough of their tractors to put good paint on them so why should I be?

Old Kubotas turn sort of pink, Case IH fades away, JD holds up pretty well. As for the rest I can't say. Most seem to have little pride in their products.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #59  
Old Kubotas turn sort of pink, Case IH fades away, JD holds up pretty well. As for the rest I can't say. Most seem to have little pride in their products.
Mary Kay pink to you....lol My experience with JD is they turn Lima Bean green.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #60  
Pretty sure that Valtra offers a couple different options for paint color.

1696083805535.png

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2003 GREAT DANE 53' DRY VAN (A32908)
2003 GREAT DANE...
2009 KME Kovatch 100FT Ladder Fire Truck (A32932)
2009 KME Kovatch...
Transmission (A33041)
Transmission (A33041)
Fuel Tank (A33041)
Fuel Tank (A33041)
Big 12 Cotton Trailer (A33041)
Big 12 Cotton...
Smoker (A33041)
Smoker (A33041)