Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick?

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #81  
I like colors that blend in. Did a lot of work with a gray ex-Navy IH 4x4. Both my wife and I like Hunter Green. But we like bright colors on smaller things that can easily be lost. Her old peavey has a broad yellow stripe (yes, my wife can move logs). I often put bright colors on hand tools. But let’s make the bigger machines easy on the eye.

My old Massey 204 is an early industrial spin-off of the MF 35, so it’s not the comfortable gray with red. At this stage it is multiple shades of yellow, held together by rust. One of those shades is the Ford ROPS installed by a previous owner.

I like bigtiller’s suggestion of offering tractors in a choice of colors, like cars (heck, I wish we could shop in the 1950’s when they offered two tone cars). And ptsg digging up a brand that does so was great. Growing up around logging and heavy equipment, I miss that days when they were unique instead of mostly yellow.

For now, as I work on various parts of my tractor, that part will be painted as close as I can make it to the original MF industrial yellow, which is pretty subdued, not bright. I’ll never buy anything new, but if I had a choice I’d choose Hunter Green.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #82  
How about a Purple Plow Puller?

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #83  
I’ll never buy anything new, but if I had a choice I’d choose Hunter Green.
Have you seen the green Summit chose? I don't think I'd buy their tractor, but I could see getting one of their implements if they make them for bigger tractors.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #84  
How about a Purple Plow Puller?
Not my personal favorite (wife's though). I'm actually surprised one of the newer (last 20-30 years) brands didn't choose that to differentiate.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #85  
Here is another option:

IT DOES NOT MATTER.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Why not question WHY they cost so much? Why not question why they are less dependable than old ones? THAT I can grasp.
But - Frankly - if someone made a better tractor for less money - I don't give a carp if it is pink, purple or rainbow colored.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #86  
Here is another option:

IT DOES NOT MATTER.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Why not question WHY they cost so much? Why not question why they are less dependable than old ones? THAT I can grasp.
But - Frankly - if someone made a better tractor for less money - I don't give a carp if it is pink, purple or rainbow colored.
Somebody already does. It's red. :)

We already know the answers to your first questions.

1) magic green and orange paint (more seriously, because people will pay it)
2) rules made up by people who have no clue affecting those who do

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #87  
@paulsharvey I think you're on to something with the Claas green paired with Kioti orange; that said, the wheel might be a little much. It would be an excellent accent color, however.

I'm a big fan of these special editions; Kubota with the gray and metallic orange, Branson black, and Solis gray. They all look real damn nice to me.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #89  
You will think I am crazy but bees and wasps swarm my orange equipment more than my red one. They think it is a big flower

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #90  
Yanmar RED or Deutz GREEN

willy

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Sicam Wheel Balancer (A33041)
Sicam Wheel...
2 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard steel end...
Armstrong AG Rr-d Gopher Plow (A33041)
Armstrong AG Rr-d...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
SuperVac Vacuum Cleaner & Greenlee 690 Blower & Vacuum (A33349)
SuperVac Vacuum...
WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...