Tractor Brands Market Share

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #151  
Maybe. Bugatti and Aston Martin have low production, but are not in immediate danger of closing the doors.

Who would have looked at IH from 1900-1955 and imagined they would be just an adopted orphan of Case? Despite all of the love for Ford, IH was the market leader for most of that era. Times change. A bottom dweller today could be just a marketing or technological decision away from booming sales. Sometimes it just takes a tipping point of people willing to discard bias toward the familiar.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #152  
Here are a few orphans

• Agracat
  • Agri-Power
  • Century
  • Farmtrac
  • Montana
  • Rhino

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #153  
The residential markets are where unit volumes are contributed via subcompact and the lighter compact tractor units.
And to get a slice of that market manufacturers have to have dealers in those urban areas to capture those customers. This is where these "value brands" struggle to compete with big Orange and big Green. Residential farms and hobby farms are where the vast majority of compacts are being sold.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #154  
Got a Kubota mailer today and saw these market share claims:

View attachment 725566

View attachment 725567

Fine print references: https://edadata.com/agriculture/

Nice more marketing hype without reference to actual 3rd party findings like JD Edwards or such.

One could say they are right when the brochure says #1 and the model described to the left is it amongst their other offerings. Then yes, I would agree it's #1 within their offerings. Got to love marketing that hypes things. Wait, I've been in the marketing business way too long. Can't disclose our gimmicks to the public masses.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #155  
A regional brand with 1% national market share in the compact tractor market can compete equally or maybe advantageously with brands having a solid national distribution system generating 20% to 50% of compact tractor units, in customer satisfaction surveys.

To make claims for sales leadership, whether leadership in unit volume or dollars a manufacturer needs a national distribution system with dealers everywhere tractors are in demand. Kubota and Deere have outlets in primarily residential markets as well as farming markets. The residential markets are where unit volumes are contributed via subcompact and the lighter compact tractor units.

Where I live in Florida single family residential construction is "hot". The foundation subcontractors, the plumbing subs, some of the roofers, and the landscaper subs arrive at the house site with <3,000 pound bare weight compact loader equipped tractors transported in trailers towed by pickup trucks. More Deeres than Kubotas. An occasional Massey-Ferguson. Most work with with at least one of the following: box blade, backhoe, roto-tiller.

(Then there is the question of how "Deere" lawn and garden tractors, sold at Lowe's and Home Depot, are counted. Deere has nothing to do with the production, Deere just licenses its brand name to a low end assembler. But the brand is "John Deere". Many of my neighbors mow 1/2 to 1 acre lots with these lawn and garden category, <14-horsepower, "John Deeres".)
False. Deere makes their own lawn tractors, including the home center models.

The internet continues to be propagated, I see.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #156  
Every once in a while I take another look at these old sales sheets just to remind myself of how little has changed.

Here are the contenders back when 4wd compact utility tractors were just beginning to invade the US market. I do like lists....
rScotty

Who Actually Makes Various Tractors_pg 1.jpg
Who Actually Makes Various Tractors_pg 2.jpg

/ Tractor Brands Market Share
Nice more marketing hype without reference to actual 3rd party findings like JD Edwards or such.

One could say they are right when the brochure says #1 and the model described to the left is it amongst their other offerings. Then yes, I would agree it's #1 within their offerings. Got to love marketing that hypes things. Wait, I've been in the marketing business way too long. Can't disclose our gimmicks to the public masses.
In the past when you go to Kubota’s reference page they reference one model not the whole line. Might could find it on their website. I have not had time to look.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #158  
Every once in a while I take another look at these old sales sheets just to remind myself of how little has changed.

Here are the contenders back when 4wd compact utility tractors were just beginning to invade the US market. I do like lists....
rScotty

View attachment 725847View attachment 725848

The new kid on the block is now Mahindra. They managed to upset the market in a short time by out selling John Deere Globally for the #1 spot for new machines.

And Mitsubishi being the controlling interest now in Mahindra. Thus the MAM company. :)

TYM is now a big player too with Branson and Kukje. They are joint ventured with Yanmar and Cummings too. And the outcome is RK Tractors for Rural King.

Kioti is another big player making nice in roads. On more than a few tractor forums, the brand has really picked up daily activity.

LS rounds out the list behind the pack, yet they are reaching the masses with becoming a household name. They too use Mitsubishi engines for reliability since the early 1970s to modern times now.

I believe the tractor market has more players than the automotive companies worldwide.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #159  

rScotty

View attachment 725847View attachment 725848
Scotty you no doubt win the internet crown for this. It amazes me you still have this and in near mint condition after all these years. I have never seen anything like this for sale or elsewhere on the internet. Thanks for sharing again.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #160  
LS rounds out the list behind the pack, yet they are reaching the masses with becoming a household name. They too use Mitsubishi engines for reliability since the early 1970s to modern times now.
Not saying you're wrong but please share your reference for this statement here.