Traction Traction

/ Traction #1  

JimBinMI

Veteran Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota BX25D-1, New Holland TZ18DA
When plowing snow with the back blade, I always use 4wd and have plenty of traction, I have turf tires and the rears are filled with "Rim Guard"/"Beet Juice", I also have about 190 lbs. of suitcase weight hanging on the front bumper and 250 lbs. sitting in the seat. However, if I take it out of 4wd and drop the blade to plow, even locking the rear diff. it won't even move itself! Don't know what I'd do without 4wd except maybe invest in a set of rear chains!

If you have a tractor and no snow, you don't know what you're missing! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

JimBinMI

/ Traction #2  
<font color=blue>If you have a tractor and no snow, you don't know what you're missing!</font color=blue>

Oh yes, I do know what I'm missing, and sure glad of it!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Traction #3  
"250 lbs. sitting in the seat."Is that a dealer-supplied option, or are you providing that yourself? ;-)

/ Traction #4  
Well I know how you feel ! When I bought my TC-18 last summer I also picked up used Farm King snow blower ! After some thought and expecting a long hard winter I got the FEL. This is all great but so far this season we've had three inches of snow here in Otsego county-central NY, and its almost the new year ! But I expect I'll need it shortly..... Maybe! dass

/ Traction
Bird,

I can hear your tractor from way up here saying "come on dad, let me try the white stuff"!

My neighbor across the road upgraded this past summer from his Ford 4000 diesel to a good sized JD with a FEL and a cab with heat and air. He doesn't have 4wd but he sure looks warm when he's out plowing snow. I suppose he deserves it, after all he's plowing a 1/4 mile driveway + !

JimBinMI