Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when?

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #11  
We have volunteers in our Rural Fire Service. Some are a bit.... keen...
One day I saw them come out of the shed with lights blazing etc so watched where he went. Down the road about 100 meters to the fuel pumps! WHAT!? Idiot.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #12  
Yes, it's a thing in Missouri. They do require the tow trucks to run Code 3 when necessary or when they feel it's necessary.

Not in my part of Missouri. My Son works for a Tow Company. Their wreckers don't have sirens. They were just allowed to add red/blue lights last year. Up until that time they weren't considered Emergency Vehicles and drivers weren't required to move away from them when passing. Very dangerous business!!!!

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #13  
Not in my part of Missouri. My Son works for a Tow Company. Their wreckers don't have sirens. They were just allowed to add red/blue lights last year. Up until that time they weren't considered Emergency Vehicles and drivers weren't required to move away from them when passing. Very dangerous business!!!!

At least it is on Scott City apparently. I only know what the guy says in pretty much every video.

But it's indeed a very dangerous business.

Just yesterday, someone lost control of their car in the middle of the highway and run over a Police Officer and a Tow truck operator. Three deaths including the driver the car.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #14  
At least it is on Scott City apparently. I only know what the guy says in pretty much every video.

But it's indeed a very dangerous business.

Just yesterday, someone lost control of their car in the middle of the highway and run over a Police Officer and a Tow truck operator. Three deaths including the driver the car.

In the last 4 years they've had two wreckers totaled by being hit by vehicles on the Interstate hiway they work. Both times they were on the shoulder with all lights flashing. Both times the operator heard the vehicle sliding down the road toward them and were able to jump out of the way. The last one the operator had to jump out onto the active lane of the hiway.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #15  
In the last 4 years they've had two wreckers totaled by being hit by vehicles on the Interstate hiway they work. Both times they were on the shoulder with all lights flashing. Both times the operator heard the vehicle sliding down the road toward them and were able to jump out of the way. The last one the operator had to jump out onto the active lane of the hiway.

Unfortunately people keep tailgating everyone while they're still looking at their phones doing who knows what.

These wrecks happens so much that sometimes I just think it would be better to close the entire road and be done with it.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #16  
Unfortunately people keep tailgating everyone while they're still looking at their phones doing who knows what.

These wrecks happens so much that sometimes I just think it would be better to close the entire road and be done with it.

In both cases the driver had an open lane to move into. They both simply drove right into the lights.

Same concept as when vehicles get rearended sitting still on the shoulder with their lights on.

When their two wreckers were hit it still wasn't a State Law that wreckers were Emergency Vehicles. The drivers both got tickets for "Inattentive Driving". The Wrecker Company had to go after them for the costs. In one case the driver didn't have any insurance. In the other case the driver was going home in his brand new Ford Superduty truck. Both drivers had no excuses and simply said they didn't realize the wrecker was sitting still...….

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when?
Not a job you want to do with your ear buds in.

I wonder what the Tow operators insurance says about running Code 3, and I wonder if they get training. Getting training in a police car on a skid course and track wouldn't exactly help them with their various rigs.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #18  

I wonder what the Tow operators insurance says about running Code 3, and I wonder if they get training. Getting training in a police car on a skid course and track wouldn't exactly help them with their various rigs.

I'll ask for details.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #19  

They probably need to have something like the training that fire truck operators get.

Aaron Z

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #20  
They probably need to have something like the training that fire truck operators get.

Aaron Z

Well, I'm guessing Ron Pratt slept thru that class. I base that on 20 seconds into the video when he completely lets go of the steering wheel so he can get a sip of his 7-eleven slurpy…...