Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when?

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Saw this video. 2 hour video that should have been edited down to thirty minutes.

OH SHIFT!!! VERSION 2.!!! ROLLOVER LOAD OF PIPE!!! - YouTube

But found it interesting that the authorities asked the guy to respond Code 3, lights and "continuous" siren, going through red lights. I never heard of such a thing, and this wasn't even for a extrication, hazmat or blocking some major roadway.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #2  
Yes, it's a thing in Missouri. They do require the tow trucks to run Code 3 when necessary or when they feel it's necessary.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when?
Wonder if they were just doing this heavy tow operator a favour, for it was obvious they knew him and were quite friendly. But I saw nothing timely about the wreck.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #4  
Well, he knows everyone in that state. He is a very nice, respectful guy and pretty much friendly with everyone. I've been checking his videos for quite a while.

It's never a good thing to have an intersection like that halfway closed, so I don't think it was a favor. I've seen him run on Code 3 for other similar situations.

He needs to learn how to edit his video though. I fast forwarded 1.5 hours and still didn't see the rig uprighted, then hit exit by accident and said forget it.

Portugal?

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #6  
He explains why it takes so long to upright the truck in the video, but I agree, 2 hours is a bit too much though.

Yes Portugal. But I do follow lots of stuff in the US and Canada. I've actually learned a lot on how things work there and so on.

Like there seem to be a million Lebanon's in the U.S. which I always got a chuckle out of, Ithought maybe there was a Portugal somewhere.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #8  
It's Portugal in Europe. That small country surrounded by Spain on the East and by the Atlantic on the West. :)

But we kinda have the same problem, but with Indians and Ukrainians instead.

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #9  
Skip ahead to about 1:26.

Bruce

/ Tow Truck, Lights Siren, Code 3, REALLY? Since when? #10  
His name is Ron Pratt. He owns and operates Midwest Truck truck repairs and towing. He is on the rotation for the Missouri Highway Patrol and the local jurisdictions. For anyone that hasn't ever been to or through Missouri. It is kind of a big place with large stretches of nothingness.

MO motor vehicle law 'allows' wreckers to have two sets of lighting (standard amber tow and red/blue plus siren), but likely doesn't require it. If you want to be on the call rotation then you likely are required to be able to respond Code 3. When it comes to safety, I'm not sure you can find a safer tow operator. If you want something done FAST with no consideration for safety, Ron isn't your guy.