Toro Zero Turn Lights

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Anyone install led lights on a Toro 54”Timecutter MyRide zero turn? I see Toro makes a light kit for it, but I can’t find any available and it’s a bit expensive. Thanks

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #2  
From Acme Tools on-line:
TORO LIGHT KIT FROM A.PNG

Or from Amazon:

Light kit form Amazon.PNG

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #3  
I bought a LED one at Gabriel Brothers in Pgh Pa for $10 and put it on my Simplicity Citation XL. It actually works very well. There was a spot already for the switch that I had laying around so it looks factory but again, like you mentioned the light kit was more expensive than it should be I thought. My $10 one works very well for the few times a year I would run in the failing light near the ends of the cutting seasons. (think November and December)

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights
In the northeast towards the end of the mowing season it gets dark early here. By the time I get out of work and try and finish mowing it’s getting too dark to see very well. Lights would be very helpful!

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #6  
Far as I can ascertain, cutting grass in the evening only produces cud from the wet (dew) on the grass, wastes fuel and clogs up the mower deck which will eventually rot it out as grass decomposing under there produces metal eating acid.

I look at lights on any ZTR as nothing more than a gimmick. We own 2 and no lights wanted or needed.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #7  
I always wonder why anyone needs lights on a ZTR?
I put led pod lights on my ZTR years ago. By the time I'm home from work it's nearly dark in the fall. I mulch leaves about every 2-4days in the height of the season.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #8  
Far as I can ascertain, cutting grass in the evening only produces cud from the wet (dew) on the grass, wastes fuel and clogs up the mower deck which will eventually rot it out as grass decomposing under there produces metal eating acid.

I look at lights on any ZTR as nothing more than a gimmick. We own 2 and no lights wanted or needed.
You would be wrong.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #9  
You would be wrong.
No, I'm not. I guess if mowing damp grass is your thing, have at it. Far as light on a ZTR, I see no practical use at all. The only thing that mowing damp grass does is load the deck up with cud, eat up power and accelerate the deck rot from the cud working on the steel and corroding it.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #10  
If I cut grass with my tractor and FM at dusk or dark when I see it the next morning it looks like Otis Campbell did it. I just can't see my cut lines at all with lights.