Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket.

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #1  

caddison

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r
I stopped by my case IH dealer today and was checking on a tooth bar for my 60" bucket. He had one available from Case for $136.00. I questioned the ability but he said it would a good one so we ordered one. Will let you know how it turns out, also ordered my first rear hyd. remote for the hydraulic top link! Looking forward to that.

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #2  
That's one heckuva price! I got one from Markham Welding for $150 plus shipping, for my 48" bucket, and they were by far the best price (with the shipping) that I could find both locally and over the internet.

No doubt they're all making some good money on those things, so if your dealer is passing a bunch of business to a local guy that is trying to make a few bucks on the side by making those things cheap, then that'll be great for folks in your area. I'm surprised the dealer doesn't have a bigger markup - they can certainly get it. Interested to see your pics and your comments on the quality.

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket.
That was actually right out of the Case IH catalog. I was surprised to say the least. We will see what the quality is like when it arrives! As long as the freight isn't a killer and the quality is sufficient it should be a heck of a deal.

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #4  
I wish my dealer had found a Case toothbar for my tractor - he quoted me almost $400 before tax for an aftermarket one. Wonder if there was a typo or something in the catalog? Oh well, if you get a good toothbar from Case for that price, take it and run, quick. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Freight shouldn't be more than $75, so even at that, you're still getting a great deal. Let us know what you think once you get it. I gotta get me one of those Case catalogs! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket.
As soon as it arrives I'll post pictures and a review!

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #6  
Hey Bandit! Just curious how you like your DX24E? I'm a new Case IH dealer in CT. Just received the first two units last wednesday (DX33 & 35) and am anxious to receive our first DX24E. I had a chance to see one several weeks ago and was very impressed. Thanks in advance, Tractorman.

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #7  
So far, I love it. Seems to have plenty of power with that 24 hp motor. It is a bit light, and I was only able to get the turfs on it as the bars were not available when my dealer got it in, so I'm adding the bars - I have a bunch of dirt work to do. He got my DX24E in early June, and he's still waiting for 2 more of them. He sells Case, NH, and Kubota, and said he's had a lot of people say how much they like the features and the look of the new Case machines, and has already had a few guys go for the Case over the NH.

Obviously, a larger machine with better hydraulic flow would get the job done a bit quicker, but the little subcompact does the job quite well. It digs up concrete quite well with the toothbar I added. We'll see what kind of durability this thing has over the next couple of years, as I will be working it hard tearing out an old yard, concrete junk all over the place, trees, shrubs, etc., then re-planting grass, trees, shrubs, mulch, decorative rock, etc.

My neighbor has a BX22, so I use his backhoe occasionally, but I really like my DX24E better. I did compare it to the NH, and the Kubota, after being pretty well set on the Kubota, and really do like my Case machine better than the Kubota (don't tell the Kub owners - some of them take offense to that). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So far, it seems to be a really stout little machine, and it continues to impress me with it's abilities in such a small package.

By the way, I used to own and operate a Subcompact Yanmar 14hp machine just up the road from you in Morris, CT. That was a nice little machine, but this Case is significantly more powerful, even with the loss of some of its power at a mile above sea level.

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #8  
It's a small world Bandit! If you ever decide to move back to CT at least you'll know that there's a serviceing dealer here. Talk to Later, Bob Wolff

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #9  
I know where you are /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif - I just checked out your website - I thought Woodbury Tractor sounded familiar. Yeah, it is a small world, isn't it?

I see you carry the Midwest lines. I just ordered a rear blade and rake direct from them (no dealers yet in Colorado). Turns out the red is International Red, so it should match the Case IH Farmalls perfectly. And of course they've got the NH blue and Kubota grey, so you should be set as far as getting customers set up with matching implements. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Tooth bar for LX114 w/60 bucket. #10  
You'll be happy when your Midwest equipment arrives. For the money their products seem to be very well made, not to mention the availability of them in matching colors.