toolcat max speed

/ toolcat max speed #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
figured I would start a new thread for this issue, the Toolcat is now 4 weeks old, in general I am happy with it but the top speed really bugs the **** out of me, max engine rpm is 2600, it easily makes this and the max speed in low range is 8.5 mph at 2600 rpm, this it does no issue, in high range it reaches 13 to 13.5 mph at full throttle but then it drops rpm to 2350, if it could reach the 2600 the speed would easily be 17 to 18 mph but no can do

had the service out 3 times now, they have installed older software and have no idea other than its not allowing full rpm range when it gets to 13.5 mph and appears to be governing motor rpm to this speed

they contacted Bobcat who basically says some reach full speed, some go faster and some slower but have no fix, my main reason for having a machine was to take advantage of the high speed I enjoyed on the 2005 model, as I also said to them had my Corvette manual states it will do 200 mph plus and if it was only doing 150 I would return it, then I asked when are they sending a replacement out, for close to 80K with taxes it should get to published speed

and so I wait

/ toolcat max speed #2  
figured I would start a new thread for this issue, the Toolcat is now 4 weeks old, in general I am happy with it but the top speed really bugs the **** out of me, max engine rpm is 2600, it easily makes this and the max speed in low range is 8.5 mph at 2600 rpm, this it does no issue, in high range it reaches 13 to 13.5 mph at full throttle but then it drops rpm to 2350, if it could reach the 2600 the speed would easily be 17 to 18 mph but no can do

had the service out 3 times now, they have installed older software and have no idea other than its not allowing full rpm range when it gets to 13.5 mph and appears to be governing motor rpm to this speed

they contacted Bobcat who basically says some reach full speed, some go faster and some slower but have no fix, my main reason for having a machine was to take advantage of the high speed I enjoyed on the 2005 model, as I also said to them had my Corvette manual states it will do 200 mph plus and if it was only doing 150 I would return it, then I asked when are they sending a replacement out, for close to 80K with taxes it should get to published speed

and so I wait

That sounds like a load of crap to me. I cant blame you for feeling disappointed after plunking down that kind of money. It sounds like a speed sensor is sensing an over speed and throttling the engine back a little to protect itself

/ toolcat max speed
agree but try getting it resolved, starting to feel once the deal is made its move on to next sale

/ toolcat max speed #4  
agree but try getting it resolved, starting to feel once the deal is made its move on to next sale

Maybe it’s time to find a new Bobcat dealer/service department.

/ toolcat max speed
service says they need software update from Bobcat, Bobcat do not seem to care, changing dealer is not the issue, they need to correct the issue or exchange the machine, guess a test drive would have found this defect,

/ toolcat max speed
finally got a visit from service, connected computer and checked it out, took it for arip and then I went along, hard to figure but its not reaching the 2600rpm but did reach the 15.5 to 16.1 mph, tried a couple times and can not argue its made 16 mph just not sure why, loosened up with some use possibly, at this time the 1/2 mph below spec is workable so now I will use it the next 6 months and should Bobcat come out with new software have it installed and see how it does.

this sucks as both me and the tech never passed the 14 some week ago

/ toolcat max speed #7  
Is it something temperature dependent? Like a sensor. Loosening up, makes no sense.

That's what bugs me nowadays. The people that designed that, could tell you in a minute exactly what's going on but those peodple are unreachable. So, everyone else is just guessing if they even bother to do that.

/ toolcat max speed
would say not a temperature thing, since it was new its used weekends and this machine has been slow and not able to reach the 16 1/2 mph, the motor rpm has never gone to 2600 at full throttle and max go pedal travel, its sat for a week and today it does get 16 mph with 2550 rpm, blew me away for sure and the service fellow must think I am crazy

going to try it tonight and see if its just a fluke, if it does the 16 mph then I said lets wait a few months and hopefully Bobcat will have other issues to sort out and update the software.

it is not the software it originally came with but a older version the last service guy tried, the machine is not as smooth as the original software seeming over responsive on slow movements with a almost grunt at times pulling away as if the brake is slow to dissingage

in all I like the features just a hassle with the speed stuff

/ toolcat max speed #9  
We need an update, what is the status of the max speed problem?

/ toolcat max speed
as of today no change, service figured it would free up with use, got just over 100 hours thus far, spring assuming Bobcat have revised software we will load it up and see if any different and the grunt when pulling away did get less but still there if you change direction from reverse to forward on initial movement