Toolcat and V417

/ Toolcat and V417 #61  
Thanks for the pics Xfaxman.

Had my local dealer deliver one and have been "playing with it" all weekend. Rocked and regraded the drive, cut the overgrown field with a brushhog and the 3 point and dug some dirt to make a shooting range. Strongly leaning toward purchase.

/ Toolcat and V417
You're welcome. Buy it, you'll like it. :D

How wide was the brushhog? I have only used the PTO with a post hole digger.

/ Toolcat and V417 #64  
When running my front mower or rear rotary cutter, then I change directions (F-R), the mower's hydraulics will slow then start again. Does this happen with your G series units? It does not do it if I keep my foot on the go peddle slightly when changing directions.

/ Toolcat and V417
I was wondering if that ToolCat would handle a shredder on the front.

Yep, this one is 7' wide, weighs 1800 pounds:

PA270001.JPG
PA270003.JPG

In some brush, before:

P8300030.JPG

Cut it and backed up:

P8300032.JPG

In thick grass:

P8070005.JPG
P8070007.JPG

/ Toolcat and V417
When running my front mower or rear rotary cutter, then I change directions (F-R), the mower's hydraulics will slow then start again. Does this happen with your G series units? It does not do it if I keep my foot on the go peddle slightly when changing directions.

Yep, it does. But it didn't happen on our F.

/ Toolcat and V417 #67  
Here is a good fuel funnel that fits fillers necks on the side of the toolcat and others. I wish I had this when I had my Kubota RTV900! It is a Scribner 6115 14" D-shaped 45 degree funnel. It does not come with a filter but I'm showing it with a paint filter. This thing is HD, BIG, and well shaped.
Funnel 001_1.JPGFunnel 002_1.JPGFunnel 003_1.JPG

/ Toolcat and V417 #68  
The brush hog is 6ft. It is an old Land Pride unit. Not sure of the weight. I am keeping it after they do the 500 hour service and change all the filters. Just too useful a tool. Far better for what I need to do than my JD 310B or the old Ford I had, but in fairness it is 4 times the cost of those old machines. Worth every penny I believe.

/ Toolcat and V417
Good to know it handled the 6ft. OK.

Is the Toolcat a D Series or F?

/ Toolcat and V417 #70  
Here is a good fuel funnel that fits fillers necks on the side of the toolcat and others. I wish I had this when I had my Kubota RTV900! It is a Scribner 6115 14" D-shaped 45 degree funnel. It does not come with a filter but I'm showing it with a paint filter. This thing is HD, BIG, and well shaped.
View attachment 567846View attachment 567847View attachment 567848

Thanks for that- it might also be just the thing for my genny's oil fill port- a PITA to use if ever there was one...

Links: SCRIBNER Funnel - 14 in D-Shape - 45 Degree - Plastic - Red - Each # 6115R -cheapest, but on backorder.

Amazon.com: Scribner Plastics 6115DB Dark Blue 45 Degree 14" D Funnel: Automotive Dark Blue is 22.30 with prime shipping.