Toolcat and V417

/ Toolcat and V417 #71  
The brush hog is 6ft. It is an old Land Pride unit. Not sure of the weight. I am keeping it after they do the 500 hour service and change all the filters. Just too useful a tool. Far better for what I need to do than my JD 310B or the old Ford I had, but in fairness it is 4 times the cost of those old machines. Worth every penny I believe.

2 Things:

1) Welcome to TBN!!!
2) If I may ask, just what general ballpark are you talking when you say 4X's the cost of old iron?

Thanks,
PA

/ Toolcat and V417 #73  
2 Things:

1) Welcome to TBN!!!
2) If I may ask, just what general ballpark are you talking when you say 4X's the cost of old iron?

Thanks,
PA

The Toolcat 5610 model comes mostly loaded and is about $60k new.

/ Toolcat and V417 #74  
The Toolcat 5610 model comes mostly loaded and is about $60k new.

Wow, thanks- I just went and looked at the used ones online, and you have to look at the early 2000's with approx 2000 hours on them to get down to even close to 1/2 of that- they must hold their value incredibly well too.

Thanks again,
PA

/ Toolcat and V417 #75  
Wow, thanks- I just went and looked at the used ones online, and you have to look at the early 2000's with approx 2000 hours on them to get down to even close to 1/2 of that- they must hold their value incredibly well too.

Thanks again,
PA

I have been looking at them for several years now and I also was seeing good resale. My wife agreed that it was time to buy with the deal that was offered.

/ Toolcat and V417 #76  
Thanks PA.

I am looking at a 2016 with 437 hours, 10 of which I have put on the machine. With the 500 hour service, 4N1 bucket w/ teeth,GP bucket, forks and a new headliner, seems a squirrel found a way to make a very stinky nest, I am looking at $49k after tax.

/ Toolcat and V417 #77  
Thanks PA.

I am looking at a 2016 with 437 hours, 10 of which I have put on the machine. With the 500 hour service, 4N1 bucket w/ teeth,GP bucket, forks and a new headliner, seems a squirrel found a way to make a very stinky nest, I am looking at $49k after tax.

You're welcome!

That belongs here: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/400991-rodents-vehicles-3.html#post5185109

I'm wearing my SWMBO down about the utility of getting one for our small acreage, [but prolly too slowly to ever see a purchase- unless lottery].

Not a bad deal it seems tho...

Good luck!~

/ Toolcat and V417
----------------------------------

Had my local dealer deliver one and have been "playing with it" all weekend. Rocked and regraded the drive, cut the overgrown field with a brushhog and the 3 point and dug some dirt to make a shooting range. Strongly leaning toward purchase.

The brush hog is 6ft. It is an old Land Pride unit. Not sure of the weight. I am keeping it after they do the 500 hour service and change all the filters. Just too useful a tool. Far better for what I need to do than my JD 310B or the old Ford I had, but in fairness it is 4 times the cost of those old machines. Worth every penny I believe.

-----------------

Fastacuda, we need an update, did you buy it?

/ Toolcat and V417
Well no update from Fastacuda, so I will bump the old thread with an easy job for the 6' forks on the G Series Toolcat.

Removed a 4x5 rubber mat from the dog pen and took it to the pallet on the barn porch:

P5250042 Dog Pen.JPG

Laid it on the forks

0519191601-00.jpg

0519191607-00.jpg

Slid it off onto the 4x6 rubber mats stored on the pallet:

0519191610-01.jpg

/ Toolcat and V417
Moving 5x6 round bales:

PA090009.JPG

The Toolcat can do two at a time: :D

P8240014.JPG