TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,311  
FIRST COOL EVENING IN SOME TIME. 75º
Just finished up a little weed abatement. Tumble weeds and such had repopulated 2 areas I usually scape bare for a fire break. The weighted land plane did a stupendous job of skimming the weeds off. Enjoyable tractor time with intermittent rain drops (hardly a shower) but nice.

The weeds must pass through and lay on the surface. Do you keep going over them to grind them up or just let them dry up and blow away ? I use mine on sod growing in the road edges or parking areas.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,312  
The weeds must pass through and lay on the surface. Do you keep going over them to grind them up or just let them dry up and blow away ? I use mine on sod growing in the road edges or parking areas.

gg
Mostly they got ground up. There was a bucket of weeds to dispose of here and there. There is less to haul away and throw in the ravine if I do it more often but I let it get a little tall this time. Tumbleweed and Mustard make up the majority of the weeds.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,313  
The place we moved into is on a hill with some bedrock not too far under ground. Spent the afternoons this week after work on a terracing project. Goal is to create three flat areas up the hill in the fenced in backyard with the objective of putting in a garden and eventually a greenhouse.

I did level 1 last fall. This week I was able to do level two and get a start on level 3. Tricky and slow part is getting the tractor in position and creating a flat spot to work off of. It goes fast after that. The slope does not look bad, but it sure felt iffy! Seatbelt on and moving very, very slow.... Plus some hand rake work to move dirt to the downhill side on occasion. All it takes is one hidden rock on the uphill side, or an obscured hole on the downhill side to ruin the day.

Tier 2 (Tier 1 is below it, with the bee hives) The uphill side is pretty much level down to the bedrock.
20230831_171146 (002).jpg

The start of tier 3
20230831_171128.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,314  
The place we moved into is on a hill with some bedrock not too far under ground. Spent the afternoons this week after work on a terracing project. Goal is to create three flat areas up the hill in the fenced in backyard with the objective of putting in a garden and eventually a greenhouse.

I did level 1 last fall. This week I was able to do level two and get a start on level 3. Tricky and slow part is getting the tractor in position and creating a flat spot to work off of. It goes fast after that. The slope does not look bad, but it sure felt iffy! Seatbelt on and moving very, very slow.... Plus some hand rake work to move dirt to the downhill side on occasion. All it takes is one hidden rock on the uphill side, or an obscured hole on the downhill side to ruin the day.

Tier 2 (Tier 1 is below it, with the bee hives) The uphill side is pretty much level down to the bedrock.
View attachment 818955

The start of tier 3
View attachment 818956

That is coming out pretty good (y) Side hill work is hard on your nerves. Is it all bucket work or are you using a blade too ?

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,315  
I ran out of gravel before I got to grade but the stand on skid steer is doing a really nice job putting gravel inside a building.
IMG_5514.JPG

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,316  
It’s probably still low from grade, I was working without a transit but the shed floor is almost done.
IMG_5519.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,318  
I sprigged my pond dam overflow. Perhaps a little risky this late in the season, but I went for it anyways. This is bermuda grass for anyone not familiar... you can rip up some from one spot in your yard and till it into another and it'll spread out with runners and both spots will look like we'll established yards after one growing season.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230910-073845.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230910-073845.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • VideoCapture_20230910-073815.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230910-073815.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • VideoCapture_20230910-073802.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230910-073802.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • VideoCapture_20230910-074610.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230910-074610.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • VideoCapture_20230910-073938.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230910-073938.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,319  
I sprigged my pond dam overflow. Perhaps a little risky this late in the season, but I went for it anyways. This is bermuda grass for anyone not familiar... you can rip up some from one spot in your yard and till it into another and it'll spread out with runners and both spots will look like we'll established yards after one growing season.

(y) Good luck - had to look up "sprigged". A new term for me.

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,320  
I did a quick stump removal job of 4 stumps. I didn’t want to go get my mini x off a job and the skid steer stump bucket made pretty fast work of getting these out. The skid steer was pretty clean before I did a lawn dressing job over the weekend for the clean police. I had a little extra time on the rock hound rental from doing the yard and used it to clean up around my burn pile.
IMG_5572.JPG
IMG_5566.JPG