TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,811  
On another shooting topic, already sketched out the 300 yard rifle range on the property we threw an offer on. Possible shooting clays (informal) are at the back. Also, mentally placed a raised box blind in the NE corner, overlooking a wet, open, field/pond area, and maybe a 30x90 food plot. All theoretical right now.
Hope it pans out. Love having my own range.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,812  
Comedy Gold right here.

I couldn't have said it better Don. Some of us actually do know a thing or two about precision handloading, so it's fairly easy to detect a b.s.er when we find one.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,813  
Just came back from the CCW interview. A friendly process after jumping thru all the state hoops of class and qualifying. Sounds like they are issuing 1300 permits a month right now. I told you there are red pockets in a blue state. Permits are issued county to county, not by state. I got a green light (y)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,814  
Congrats scootr, I honestly didn't think you could get a permit in CA at all.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,815  
Just came back from the CCW interview. A friendly process after jumping thru all the state hoops of class and qualifying. Sounds like they are issuing 1300 permits a month right now. I told you there are red pockets in a blue state. Permits are issued county to county, not by state. I got a green light (y)
Congrats and I hope you use that permission at ALL times. Score one for the good guys. I hope. 🤓
I still like not having to ask for permission (and PAY) to exercise a right.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,816  
Congrats and I hope you use that permission at ALL times. Score one for the good guys. I hope.
I still like not having to ask for permission (and PAY) to exercise a right.
That's the biggest stick in my craw since moving to MI from AK, having to ask permission to utilize my rights.

Don't even get me going on having to register all firearms....

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,817  
That's the biggest stick in my craw since moving to MI from AK, having to ask permission to utilize my rights.

Don't even get me going on having to register all firearms....
Move just a tick south and things are normal for now. ;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,819  
My Sister and Brother in law both had them for the past couple of decades, and recently discontinued them. Not sure why, maybe the huge amount of ammo required to keep them?
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,820  
The permits are issued by the county under state laws. The state said I had to take a class, qualify shooting, and pass a background check.
Our county is a red spot the size of RI in a blue state. And our Sheriff wants people to get permits. The dept made it clear it is my 2A right to do so, and they made it as easy as possible under the current law.

Last edited: