TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,231  
Reading the news, there are volcanoes erupting all over the globe.

Must be somethng in the air.

eta

It appears that the prompting previous posts for this interjection have been made invisible.

I say GREAT! we are here for inspiration and pleasure.
there is 3 erupting that I have seen Indonesia, Italy and Iceland...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,232  
there is 3 erupting that I have seen Indonesia, Italy and Iceland...
The one in Eastern russia went out? heck, It was just getting started.

Ohh! Look! There are lots of them firing off

Attachments

• 1700343895358.png
    1700343895358.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 46
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,233  
The one in Eastern russia went out? heck, It was just getting started.
ha I haven't seen this one ... that was kinda my question if I was missing any...I am wondering what the media will do about the global warming agenda if we go in a ice lol

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,235  
Got booted from deer camp.

i objected to having loaded guns leaning on the exterior wall of the cabin. Camp owner said, “My camp, my rules”, and his grandfather had taught him how to handle guns. If the safety was on, the gun was safe.

I told him he had not been been trained properly. That comment was hurtful as he has was very close to his grandad. But the truth is not always pleasant.

I have been expelled for the rest of the year and camp owner said we can talk about my status in the spring.

Camp owner and the rest of the members are great guys, but I cannot deal with the having loaded guns in camp.

Cannot envision reconciling over this issue but will wait to see what happens in the spring. Maybe with some time to cool off, the camp owner will see I am right. If not, I hope we can stay friends with the understanding I not attend camp during rifle season.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,236  
Got booted from deer camp.

i objected to having loaded guns leaning on the exterior wall of the cabin. Camp owner said, “My camp, my rules”, and his grandfather had taught him how to handle guns. If the safety was on, the gun was safe.

I told him he had not been been trained properly. That comment was hurtful as he has was very close to his grandad. But the truth is not always pleasant.

I have been expelled for the rest of the year and camp owner said we can talk about my status in the spring.

Camp owner and the rest of the members are great guys, but I cannot deal with the having loaded guns in camp.

Cannot envision reconciling over this issue but will wait to see what happens in the spring. Maybe with some time to cool off, the camp owner will see I am right. If not, I hope we can stay friends with the understanding I not attend camp during rifle season.
I wouldn't have any issue if you either unchamber a round for a center fire, or remove the primer from a muzzleloader, leaving them loaded. It's not a lot to ask to remove the live round, and put it back in the mag, or pop the 209 primer out of a muzzleloader. Not all safeties are 100% drop safe, and with 6 or 7 different styles of safeties around, I could see an issue in a group setting.

Lever gun, I wouldn't mind a round in the chamber with a lowered hammer, as long as there aren't children around. I guess you could lump most muzzleloaders in this same category, but I would still remove the 209 primer.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,237  
Loaded mag or not chambered? I agree with not chambered. If a bolt gun, the bolt is open. Lever action, lever is open. Break action, action is open etc.

Dumping the mag on a bolt gun seems to be overkill. The action open would satisfy me and anyone else that can look at it and determine it's in a safe state.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,238  
At our bear camp, same rule. Unless your going for a kill, no loaded chambers.

A few new guys have been kicked out cuz of bear paranoia having a loaded chamber while not actively hunting.

Accidents happen way to fast.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,239  
Just reread and maybe I misunderstood exterior wall. At first read, I assumed, inside of the cabin, against the wall. Then I reread and wondered, you mean outside on the porch, then read again, and now I'm not sure? I wouldn't want to leave my gun out on the porch, loaded, or unloaded; and if someone insisted, I would put it in the truck.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,240  
So, when I bring the gun inside, I open bolt, place extracted round back in the mag, and generally, set the mag next to the rifle. Now, that's in the house. When I walk out in the morning, I go ahead and chamber a round, on safe, and walk in. I generally will have a round chambered climbing into tree stand or blind, even though that's really not best practice.

My TC Compass has a 3 position safety, so, I can run the bolt while remaining on Safe. I dont tend to use the 3rd position, where the bolt is locked.

On a shotgun, I go ahead and empty the tube (pump), and a lever, if taking it in the truck or house, I go ahead and pour the rounds out, And empty the action. Mind you, that's in the house, and I have kids (who know better than to mess with them, but still).

My muzzleloader stays loaded for the 2 week season, without primer, and I actually need to take plug out and unload, now that it's general gun.