TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,211  
Have you any that take 10 round clips?
I have some 10 rd mags for ARs. Use them to hunt legally in MO, also makes the AR ride better in the ATV rifle racks.
The 10 stripper are the Mil Standard issue to reload mags. Got a "few" on hand and some 7.62 for the standby SKS.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,212  
I ran across this "On the interweb"

But for the life of me, I can not recall a rifle that takes 10 round clips in 5.56.

Is it a joke?
All our ammo came in 10 round stripper clips. Then you would take the "guide" and set it on your magazine, set the stripper clip in the guide and press them into the magazine with your thumb. We had 20 round aluminum magazines (way back when I was in, lol) and fed them new ammo out of the 10 round stripper clips you would take from that ammo can you pictured.

I never saw a 30 round AR magazine until many years after I got out.

I have a couple of 5 round magazines for my AR now that I use when shooting from a bench with a front rest. Also have a small stack of 30 rounders for when I'm not shooting off a bench.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,213  
Well my take is a tad bit different, of course the rifle also didn't use a 5.56 (.223)round it was using the .308 (7.62x51). The M14 was designed to be able to use stripper clips. They are a semi-convenient way to top of a magazine with the bolt held back and the weapon being very close to being in an active chamber loaded position. Is it easier then just changing a magazine, not really does the weapon stay in a ready state longer and ready for use faster, yes. It also leaves fully loaded mags ready for use. Also each ammo can cam with the clip to magazine adapters as it is much easier and faster to load a magazine with stripper clips then individual rounds.

I would much rather reload magazines of any caliber using a stripper clip instead of loading individual rounds into the mag.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,214  
Replaced a cheap scope on my Barrett M82 with a Night Force ATACR F1.View attachment 830686
50's are nice. Buddy brought one out for a griz hunt one year.

20231107_173500.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,215  
My single and double barreled .50s load from the front and have external hammers.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,217  
I only own one pistol, a CZ P-01, and wanted to get another one. I like hammer fired DA/SA pistols and found a recently discontinued Springfield XD-E in stock at my local gun store. I actually went in to buy a Walther P22 and ended up with both. I also bought a pistol hard case on Amazon by Case Club.
20231104_125646.jpg
P22.jpg
20231105_143429.jpg