TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,691  
My Trijicon Credo scope says "Made in Japan" right on the bottom of it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,692  
I've got a cheapie Nikon "M-223" on my AR ( I think it's the 2-7x?), with the cheapie Nikon AR mount.

With the 5.56 reticle and zero'd at 100, dang if I can't clang steel with it at 600, just by using the holdover in the reticle.

That's good enough for me on a 5.56 chambered AR.

Anything that I'm serious about hitting at that range, as in knock down power, isn't going to get a 5.56 flung at it anyway.

But just for "funzie's", yeah, sure, clang some steel targets.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,693  
I've got a cheapie Nikon "M-223" on my AR ( I think it's the 2-7x?), with the cheapie Nikon AR mount.

With the 5.56 reticle and zero'd at 100, dang if I can't clang steel with it at 600, just by using the holdover in the reticle.

That's good enough for me on a 5.56 chambered AR.

Anything that I'm serious about hitting at that range, as in knock down power, isn't going to get a 5.56 flung at it anyway.

But just for "funzie's", yeah, sure, clang some steel targets.
I wish Nikon stayed in the scope business. Their scopes have surprisingly good glass, accurate turret tracking, good eye relief etc. I have a 1-4 x 24 Nikon African and a Prostaff II rimfire BDC150. I wouldn't part with either.

I agree on the ranges for AR's and cartridge choice. Good gun for most of my practical hunting distances on hogs and whitetails. I have better choices for longer range hunting, such as .25-06, .260Rem, 6.5CM, .300 WM and .375 H&H

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,694  
May want to check this link - Maybe your wife didn't approve it, but DOD sure did.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,695  
Never been overly excited about the 5.7's but I've always been an M&P guy. This new 5.7 M&P has me pretty curious. Chepest 5.7 ammo around looks like about $0.80/ea, anyone have a cheaper source?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,696  
I saw some last week in a email for around 60 cents a rd. see if I can find the add. also fiochi just released a 5.7 rd as well. so now 3 manufacturers for thst caliber.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,697  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,698  
I dismissed the round long ago.

I will not buy something that cannot be easily reloaded. YMMV.
Interesting article, seems dated now? One thing, just random, the article talks about deformed cases due to actions unlocking before the burn is complete. The M&P is running a gas system, wonder if that will mitigate that better.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,699  
I bought 4 THOUSAND pieces of LC once fired from auction several months ago. Problem is the primer pocket needs swaging. Using my Hornady LnL with a 3D printed case feeder, I got the primer pocket swage tool set up and started running the brass through it. The case feeder makes life so much better! After getting a late start, setup, and running, I was only able to process a few handfuls before noticing it was bed time.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,700  
I bought 4 THOUSAND pieces of LC once fired from auction several months ago. Problem is the primer pocket needs swaging. Using my Hornady LnL with a 3D printed case feeder, I got the primer pocket swage tool set up and started running the brass through it. The case feeder makes life so much better! After getting a late start, setup, and running, I was only able to process a few handfuls before noticing it was bed time.

Have my well loved rock chucker and a dillon swagger on a mobile pedestal stand that lives in the front room for just such projects...only time I'll have a distraction like TV on and maybe an adult beverage while doing anything reloading related. The only good thing about swaging is you only have to do it once!