TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,861  
Where you seating the primers all the way down every time, or using one of those fancy primer depth control rigs? My understanding, and 100% could be wrong, is that an over deep primer is always better then a less then 100% seated one, because the firing pin could strike a flush but not 100% seated primer, and rather then setting it off, the firing pin could more or less finish seating the primer; or atleast, the firing pin looses energy seating the primer, and doesn't fully strike it.
I think mythbusters would call that plausible. The speed at which the firing pin hits the primer is pretty fast, if the primer is able to move out of the way without igniting I’d say you’ve got some loose pockets.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,862  
Went to the local gun show and picked up 100 more rounds of 50 BMG. These things are monsters compared to anything I have dealt with before.
333303007_587357193312456_6699722544117629941_n.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,863  
I just splurged and upgraded my older Pulsar Trail XQ50 by buying a Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50 Pro (640 x 480) resolution. I also have the Pulsar Merger LRF XP50 thermal bino's, which are awesome! It should be the perfect combination. I have an unused LaRue SPR104 30mm mount that I hope I can use. I say "hope" because I plan to mount/use it primarily on my Tikka T3x 6.5CM that has a rail and also swap to/from an AR-308 and AR-15. I'm hoping the cantilever mount will work OK on the Tikka.

If it arrives this week, then I'll probably head to camp this weekend and smack some hogs and yotes.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,864  
Went to the local gun show and picked up 100 more rounds of 50 BMG. These things are monsters compared to anything I have dealt with before.View attachment 788194
I don't want to think what that cost! It's getting expensive to shoot, except .22lr. Even reloading is getting expensive and hard to find components.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,865  
Where you seating the primers all the way down every time, or using one of those fancy primer depth control rigs? My understanding, and 100% could be wrong, is that an over deep primer is always better then a less then 100% seated one, because the firing pin could strike a flush but not 100% seated primer, and rather then setting it off, the firing pin could more or less finish seating the primer; or atleast, the firing pin looses energy seating the primer, and doesn't fully strike it.
I agree.

The Argentine primers are fine in the brass; only one case wasn't seated properly....my fault.

The test loads fired fine again today.

My issue with the Argentine primers is where the gravity-feed tube and the primer slide manages the primer capture; it falls from the tube and into a slot, to move it into position under the case to be seated....

I believe the Argentine primers are 1/100Ks of an inch shorter, and more than 1 primer is dropping into the primer slide, and snagging. I'm only talking 5 snags out of 1K primers compared to no snags out of tens of thousands using other brands.

I can't explain this any better. Thanks for all the replies.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,866  
I don't want to think what that cost! It's getting expensive to shoot, except .22lr. Even reloading is getting expensive and hard to find components.
$100.00/1k primers
$109.00/1k bullets
$34.00/1LB powder
$0.00/range brass

$243.00/1k bullets
.24 cents each

Ouch, but not gonna quit.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,868  
I just splurged and upgraded my older Pulsar Trail XQ50 by buying a Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50 Pro (640 x 480) resolution. I also have the Pulsar Merger LRF XP50 thermal bino's, which are awesome! It should be the perfect combination. I have an unused LaRue SPR104 30mm mount that I hope I can use. I say "hope" because I plan to mount/use it primarily on my Tikka T3x 6.5CM that has a rail and also swap to/from an AR-308 and AR-15. I'm hoping the cantilever mount will work OK on the Tikka.

If it arrives this week, then I'll probably head to camp this weekend and smack some hogs and yotes.
My new toy arrived today. The Pulsar Thermion XP50 thermal scope is a really nice piece of equipment. Very nice fit, form and feel. I've been really happy with my other 3 Pulsar products, so no reason to think this won't also impress. I did some brief scanning in the pasture with it, and I really like the FOV and resolution.

I'll mount it tomorrow night.

I need to plan to get to camp and take some hogs and coyotes.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,869  
I came pretty close to picking up a CVA Scout, SS, in 44 mag. Don't need it, but it seems like a fun gum, and it was only $299, but I controlled my self.