Tires for a 2210

/ Tires for a 2210 #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I am looking for thoughts on the type of tire to get on a 2210 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
My property is very hilly. Some areas are fairly steep. I have owned two garden tractors with turf tires. I got stuck several times with the turf tires. I now own a 455 with bar tires on the rear. I have never gotten stuck with the bar tires, but all the trees that are on slopes have a rut around them were the inside wheel would slip a little & dig up the sod as I mowed around them. Just having 4WD on the 2210 should help stop that problem. When I first started looking at trading I was going to go with R1s. Then they offered R4s & I thought I would go with those. I drove a 2210 with R4s at the dealers & was not happy with the ride. It was very rough. I also read some threads here about the HDAP tires on 2210s.
I will be using the 2210 for mostly mowing in the summer with some loader, landscape rake & grader work. In the winter I will be using a front blade & snowblower on a sloped paved driveway. The 455 with bar tires has handled the winter work very well with out using chains & I do not want to use chains on the 2210 as they are to hard on the asphalt.
I will not be using the 2210 for any heavy loader or dirt work as I have a 4710 for the heavy stuff.
I stopped by the dealer after work today & the 2210 is there with the loader, mower & turf tires installed. They are waiting on me to decide what tires I want (R1s, R4s Turfs or HDAP). Then they will do the final check, wax and deliver it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I am hoping to decide by monday.

Chris

/ Tires for a 2210 #2  
I have the bar tires. It seems to do fine.
I would have bought turf's if I had a bigger tractor like you do. There are some guys that still do loader work ect with the turfs without any problems.

/ Tires for a 2210 #3  
Chris, I just saw you were from Liberty. If you want to try mine out I am outside of Greensburg. You can cut all the grass if you want. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tires for a 2210 #4  
I happen to have the x-series HDAP tires on my 2210. The dealer wanted to pretend he couldn't get a 2210 that way so I had to buy his demo. they were on the 2210 because a customer didn't want the HDAP's on his new X series SE so they swapped for the turf tires oon the 2210. I should think if one insisted theJD dealer can certainly get a set of HDAP's. After all, the x series tractors might need replacements. Anywho, I LOVE the HDAP tires, I get great traction in the dirt and i can't wait to try them in snow. they hold onto turf on steep slopes but be careful of spinouts as they can tear the turf a bit, engage that fwd on those slopes, esp if you're trying to back up a slope the 2210 seems light in the rear and loses traction.