Tires for 7K car hauler

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #11  
You won't likely find an E-rated 15" tire.

Count me as another vote for Maxxis. I believe the 8008 is the model number. I have a set on my 20 ft eqp trailer and a set on my 6x12 single axle trailer. When my camper needs tires, they will be Maxxis. They run cool and last. My trailers stay inside. If yours does not, I recommend some type of tire cover to protect from UV rays. That will keep your tires safer longer.

Good luck.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #12  
Are you able to find them for a 15'' rim (225/75r15)?

The E range stuff we have is all 16" rims. From memory 15" rims have a few D range choices. I don't think LT tires are a good choice for a 7k axle though. In fact I don't recall seeing a 7k axle with anything less than a 8 lug 16" wheel. That's a 14k tandem axle trailer-which is a custom cargo/car hauler.

OP doesn't state if this is tandem or single axle. If it's tandem axle that's 3.5k per axle or 1.75k per tire. This is about max for C range.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #13  
I've been running Carlisle load range "E" for several years. On 15" wheels.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #14  
The subject says "7k car hauler". That's two 3500lb axles, which usually means 15" wheels, and either 215 or 225 size tires.

My experience is this: Bias ply trailer tires are durable and great for short hauls around town. However, they are VERY picky about alignment, and I've had them wear quickly (less than 5000mi) on a single axle boat trailer that didn't wear radial tires at all. For longer runs like the OP is suggesting, and especially for a two axle trailer, I'd recommend sticking with radials for best wear.

I am done with TL (trailer use only) tires for any trailer I plan to keep and use. They are generally made as cheaply as possible no matter what brand you buy, and unless you use Load Range D or E 15" trailer tires, they are NOT better in any way than normal (P-rated) tires. Even going with a name brand trailer tires (Goodyear, Marathon) has not worked out well for my friends and I.

We now use P215 or P225/75R15 tires on all of our car and boat trailers, and LT rated tires on heavier trailers with 16" wheels. The exception is one set of Goodyear G614's that I have on my Gooseneck. The G614's are Load Range G, and I bought them with low miles off CL for $100 each. They are over $300 each new, and are really heavy tires that wear like iron and hold up GREAT, particularly when used well under capacity in lieu of a LR E tire. (Not helpful to OP, but perhaps to others...)

We've experienced no tire failure problems with the non-trailer rated tires, even on tires that are 10+ years old. In my experience, and by most mfg's recommendation, trailer tires that are 5 years old should be replaced. They may be fine for around town, but I certainly wouldn't take them on a longer trip... The last set of P-rated tires we had on the car hauler were P215/75R15 Goodyear RT/S's that were bought off CL as a take-off set of wheels and tires from a new (at the time) Jeep Wrangler. (~2000MY) They lasted 15 years before weather checking and wear prompted their replacement about two years ago. We replaced them with P225/75R15 Cooper Discoverer H/T's. No issues so far.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #15  
Just to clarify- my comments and tires type has all be with regards to using human rated tires- not trailer tires. The "LT" I used in my last post was the designation for Light Truck.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #17  
I'm using powerking towmax on my gn flatbed. 7ys on same set here in Florida, they look good, no cracking, just treadwear. Overloaded usually only when buying hay. ;)

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #18  
I bet they are Bias. Carlisle are not well respected around here.

They are radial. I'm not in love with them either. Only load range E option my B & M had.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #19  
They are radial. I'm not in love with them either. Only load range E option my B & M had.
I wish I could find some 8lug 15in wheels, might make a good low pro replacment for my 14.5 tires.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #20  
I put 4 new tire on my camper last year, went my tire guy and he recommended Triangle Tires, he said he has been putting them on dump trailers for
years with no complaints. They have held up great.
Triangle Tire Product Line