Tire hits mower deck right side

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #1  

crofutt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354
I have a JD mower with a 54" mower deck. I bought it used from a guy who should throw their tools away. I can't understand why the mower deck sets at an angle under the frame. Plenty of clearance between left tire but right tire rubs on deck. Further, nothing I do prevents the front deck wheels from riding on the ground. I followed the JD instructions but the front hanger adjustment makes no difference. Also, the right front sets higher than the left. With the wheels off, the deck sets level on the floor so I assume the deck is not bent. I cannot confirm this mower came with this deck but it was at least an option.
Any suggestions?
thank you
Bill

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #2  
Would you tell us what mower the 54" deck is on?

And a pic or three of what you are seeing would also help.

/ Tire hits mower deck right side
190ca

The height of the deck is the same in the back but the right front is lower
I tweaked the mounting bar shown here a little so it would pull the deck to the left a little. That helped but some thing just isn't right.
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_140948013_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220810_140948013_HDR.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 16852005154577741833989830050367.jpg
    16852005154577741833989830050367.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
   / Tire hits mower deck right side
Would you tell us what mower the 54" deck is on?

And a pic or three of what you are seeing would also help.
What pictures would be helpful? I can remove the deck for photos if that would help.

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #5  
Your deck is most likely not a JD deck if you can't adjust with the hangers. Its something the prior owner probably cobbled together with a deck from another brand. This will be a tough one to sort out. Most all garden mowers, these days, use a single front, center deck, hanger mount. I think I'm seeing in your pic that the front hanger is attached to the left wheel side and not the center. Is there a center mounting point? If not, you may have to fabricate something. .

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #6  
Have you checked out the frame to see if is broken? I had something similar happen on my Husqvarna 48” deck!

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #7  
Is the second photo of the deck and the wheel the one that you say is rubbing ?

I see a pretty good wear mark on the rod going to the deck.

Richard

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #8  

Attachments

• JD_190C_54_deck.jpg
    JD_190C_54_deck.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 76
   / Tire hits mower deck right side #9  
Is the second photo of the deck and the wheel the one that you say is rubbing ?

I see a pretty good wear mark on the rod going to the deck.

Richard
Yeah, item 24 really rubbed something hard to turn it blue from heat. Neighbor has that deck I think on one of their tractors.

/ Tire hits mower deck right side #10  
Well, definitely the bracket for your front draft arm seems to be bent back, but that will mainly affect the pitch. Rear draft arms can get hogged out and rear lift brackets on the deck can get torn away. These are a lot of deck for that chassis. I'd pull the deck and look to see if the frame is cracked through at the transmission mounts and that the bracketry for that large u shaped lift arm are secure.