Time to powerwash the vinyl siding .

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #11  
I agree with s219 about not using a pressure washer on the siding. You can get water up behind the siding and get mold when using high pressure.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #12  
Tried the Home Armor from Lowes this year, they have two types, one for siding and one for decks. Best move I have made in a long time. The stuff cleaned off the house with little effort from me. Hooked to hose, squirt on the juice, let it sit a bit, then rinse. The dirt and green came right off. I did have to use a brush on just a couple of small spots. The included nozzle reached the second story gutters - just barely - but they did. I will be using this stuff again each year. Don't use the pressure washer, it will force too much water behind the vinyl.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #13  
I had a business in the past washing houses, the best method is to spray on a bleach water mix and soapy brush the house. I uses a 14/1 water to bleach mix, spray it on and while it is still wet use a soft bristled brush with Simple Green in water, then light pressure rinse. Brush your screens and windows with the Simple Green mix and rinse well. You will be amazed how clean the screens get and the window sparkle. Just remember not to get to far ahead of yourself with the bleach mix, it drys fast. My way is more work than just spray and forget. The results will make it worth it. One caution is make sure you brush all areas, if not you will see why spray and forget isn't the way to go. It will be splotchy or better said dirty and clean. Don't use high pressure to rinse. Good luck.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding .
:laughing:Thanks for the info people . I can spray the presoak , my little wife will not like the brush ,:)

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #16  
While trying to clean up my new to me motor home that had mildew and black mold all over it plus the canopies were all moldy from being stored wet. My neighbor turned me on to a product available at Walmart called SUPER CLEAN. It is a strong detergent with bleach and it isn't terribly expensive. I used a garden sprayer to wet the siding down first, let it set for a few minutes then hosed it off. All but the worst spots hosed off without scrubbing. Stubborn spots took some scrubbing with a car wash brush. The canvas was wet from both sides, allowed to set for several minutes, scrubbed with the brush and it came out looking like new. I used it full strength buy you can dilute per container directions for less funky areas.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #17  
I use 50% household bleach and water in a bleach safe sprayer. If it doesn't say bleach safe on the sprayer label you will be replacing it.

Spray it on, let sit, hose it off. Repeat as necessary.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #18  
I use the following solution with a pump sprayer. I hose it off with a pressure washer from about 3 feet away. I don't want to blast the siding. The pressure washer uses less water than my low pressure high volume garden hose.

Solution:

3 quarts warm water
1 quart bleach (use the good bleach like Clorox. Generic bleaches are not as concentrated. look for a 5% solution)
2/3 cup TSP (The real stuff not the phosphate free)
1/3 cup household detergent. ( I use Tide liquid laundry detergent)

I usually scale up the recipe to make 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket. Work from the bottom up or you will get streaking.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #19  
I have brick :cool2:. It gets cleaned every time it rains