Time to powerwash the vinyl siding .

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
North side is green again . What is a good presoak before blasting ?

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #2  
North side is green again . What is a good presoak before blasting ?

I am following this one with great interest.. Have the same problem..I don't have a solution

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #4  
I just finished and used:
Home Armor
E-Z House Wash
Mold Stain Remover

Bought at Lowes.
Shop Mold Armor 56-fl oz Liquid Mold Remover at Lowes.com

Let it soak a few minutes and rinse. Reading the cleaning instruction online for my paticular vinyl it said no more than 1500 psi and shoot in a downward direction, that's why I just attached a hose to the nozzle on the bottle. The cap has a Clean/Rinse/Close nozzle.

Siding looks new.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #5  
I just finished and used:
Home Armor
E-Z House Wash
Mold Stain Remover

Bought at Lowes.
Shop Mold Armor 56-fl oz Liquid Mold Remover at Lowes.com

Let it soak a few minutes and rinse. Reading the cleaning instruction online for my paticular vinyl it said no more than 1500 psi and shoot in a downward direction, that's why I just attached a hose to the nozzle on the bottle. The cap has a Clean/Rinse/Close nozzle.

Siding looks new.

I think I am going to give that one a try. Thanks.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #6  
Try many combo over the years not much luck,I'll give txdon mixture a try.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #7  
I have used Jomax siding wash with great satisfaction. Wish I had discovered it sooner, it saves a lot of time. It is a concentrate that gets mixed with bleach and water and can be applied with a garden sprayer.
Amazon.com: RUST-OLEUM 60104 Jomax house cleaner and mildew killer: Home Improvement

jomax is AWESOME.. - you really dont need the pressure washer - i sprayed the siding with a small hand held pump sprayer..

BUT be warned - IF you spray above your head, where the mist falls back on you and you inhale it.. You will get a horrible sinus chemical burn.. BUT a trip to the dr to get a steroid nasal spray will fix it.. UNTIL you do it again trying to reach the upper portion of a 2 story house... LOL

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #8  
21 years ago I sided my house with vinyl siding. Good friend of mine hooked me up with the product. He said, "there's two things that are necessary when buying vinyl siding. A reinforcement fiberglass rod enclosed in the siding to prevent bulging. Siding manufactured with a mold/mildew resistant chemical." He got me siding with both. I have no bulging. I have no mold/mildew. I have no color fading.

Sorry I didn't help with the problem. Just wanted to pass on my luck in having a great friend to guide me. Maybe someone looking at siding their house can benefit from it. :)

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #9  
I started listening to a radio show on Sunday mornings. Gary Sullivan I think. He seems to know a lot about home maintenance and seems be a big fan of a product called "wet and forget" (or something like that). From what I hear you don't even power wash...you spray it on and wait a few weeks (apparently it takes a while). You can google his show...he takes calls if you have any questions.

/ Time to powerwash the vinyl siding . #10  
I use a cup of powder laundry detergent, big squirt of dawn dish soap, and about 2 cups of pool shock (12% bleach) mixed in a 5 gal bucket with water, then feed into the pressure washer soap injector. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute, and hose off. Do not need high pressure to rinse, which is good. That is the worst thing for a house. Never use a high pressure nozzle directly on your house! I use the soap nozzle to spray the soap on, then use a "2nd story" nozzle to get water up for rinsing.