Tillers and PTO HP

/ Tillers and PTO HP #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
Good evening!
I just upgraded in a major way.. Kubota 2006 L3400 to a 2024 Yanmar YT359C.
So 29 HP PTO to 52 HP..
I have a 25-40 Hp tiller— and RTR1258.
I don’t use it a lot.. and it has a slip clutch…
A few people have told me it will work fine.. but one said no.. don’t do it..

What’s the wisdom here?

/ Tillers and PTO HP #2  
I ran a 6' Yanmar tiller on 22 h.p. Yanmar Keep your speed under 30 mph and you'll do fine. I even tilled my gravel driveway with it. Wore the tines out, made a hell of a noise, but did a nice job.

/ Tillers and PTO HP
I ran a 6' Yanmar tiller on 22 h.p. Yanmar Keep your speed under 30 mph and you'll do fine. I even tilled my gravel driveway with it. Wore the tines out, made a hell of a noise, but did a nice job.
I went to a higher HP.. not a lower…

/ Tillers and PTO HP #4  
I'll say it depends more on what ground you're working with. If sandy or soft soil, it will take it no problem. If you're tilling hard and compacted soil or even rocks, it will probably have a shorter life span.

/ Tillers and PTO HP #6  
Buy a one bottom 12 inch depth plow and then use the
tiller on the new mule.
Just make sure the rear wheels are pushed all the way in
as you need to break up the wheel compaction on each pass.

/ Tillers and PTO HP #7  
If slip clutch is set to slip before tractor even starts to grunt the tiller should survive. I would say a little common sense on what you tilling would also provide a little feed back on how hard the tiller is working.

/ Tillers and PTO HP #8  
I have a 5' tiller behind my 100 HP tractor. I had it when I had my old tractor and it's the only tiller I have so I run it.

/ Tillers and PTO HP #9  
There should be a sheer pin somewhere. Use your head and it will be just fine

/ Tillers and PTO HP #10  
30mph? Wow, I can't go that fast on smooth level Coastal Bermuda on sandy loam without feeling like my tractor is going to bounce all over the place, can't imagine driving that fast while tilling the ground also.