Tiller for RK37

/ Tiller for RK37 #1  

chesternator

Silver Member
Tractor
RK37 HC Hydrostatic Cab
RK site specs the 5ft and the 6ft as power match but the 37 power is on the low end for the 6ft. I think the 5ft is going to be just shy of covering tire tread so I want the 6ft. Anyone think it will be an issue with power? I can barely go up a hill with the 6ft bush hog engaged. I wont be going up any hills with the tiller engaged though.

/ Tiller for RK37 #2  
RK site specs the 5ft and the 6ft as power match but the 37 power is on the low end for the 6ft. I think the 5ft is going to be just shy of covering tire tread so I want the 6ft. Anyone think it will be an issue with power? I can barely go up a hill with the 6ft bush hog engaged. I wont be going up any hills with the tiller engaged though.

The 37 will handle the 5' or 6' but obviously more drag on the 6' and thus you may experience conditions where you would go slightly slower, but made up from a productivity perspective due to the wider working width. The 3-pt hitch and PTO are sufficient with either. Proper gear and range selection on a shuttle shift and range selection on a hydro will also contribute. It is were me, I'd get the 5' to save a few bucks and also align with tire width, but the 6' will work well too. Hope that helps.

/ Tiller for RK37
The 37 will handle the 5' or 6' but obviously more drag on the 6' and thus you may experience conditions where you would go slightly slower, but made up from a productivity perspective due to the wider working width. The 3-pt hitch and PTO are sufficient with either. Proper gear and range selection on a shuttle shift and range selection on a hydro will also contribute. It is were me, I'd get the 5' to save a few bucks and also align with tire width, but the 6' will work well too. Hope that helps.

Thanks TG, I was concerned the 5ft would leave me wanting thinking it may fall just short of tire width