Tiller for GC

/ Tiller for GC #1  

hube2

Veteran Member
Tractor
Masey Ferguson GC1725M
I'm going to break down this year and buy a tiller.

I'm looking at Woods because it is who makes my blower and what my dealer carries.

Question is, will the GC handle a 60 inch tiller or do I need to go with a 48?
Manufacturer says I should use the 48.
With the spacers on my rear wheels a 48 inch tiller will not completely cover the wheels (~50.5")

I'm assuming that I can use 60 inch - PTO HP is listed as 18-40 RT60.40 – Woods Equipment
PTO HP listed on the 48 is 15-35 RT48.30 – Woods Equipment

GC1725M PTO HP is claimed to be 24.5 so it should be able to run either.

Just want to see if anyone thinks I'm missing something here?
Do you think the 48 will work or should I go with the 60?

/ Tiller for GC #2  
I use a 60" King Kutter tiller on my Kubota 2502 and it works very well.

/ Tiller for GC #3  
woods 48.30 here with the right side offset, I run 2" spacers on rear and tiller covers the tracks fine.

/ Tiller for GC
woods 48.30 here with the right side offset, I run 2" spacers on rear and till covers the tracks fine.
Thank you, that's what I was looking for. I will go with probably the 48" tiller and save some money. I was just worried about coverage and was hoping that someone else had what I was looking at for their GC. I have 2" spacers so if it's working for you then it will work for me.

/ Tiller for GC #5  
it kicks enough sideways to fully cover them, I was prepared to have some issues but so far working good for me. many do not like the offset side but I find it makes it easier o get close to a border/object while keeping tractor and fel away.

/ Tiller for GC
To be honest, I don't like the idea of buying something that will see very little use, but I'm getting too old to spend 6 to 8 hours walking behind my Troy-Build tiller to get the garden prepped in the spring. It just about killed me last year.

/ Tiller for GC #7  
I totally get that

/ Tiller for GC #8  
Size is going to depend a lot on soil conditions.

When in doubt, I would go smaller.

/ Tiller for GC #9  
I think a 48 or 50 inch tiller would work better than a 60 inch.

/ Tiller for GC #10  
I did mount neighbors (the MF1532 owners) 60" tiller to gc2400, can work but....yeah...the extra weight can be issue maneuvering with tiller raised. did ok tilling in my particular soil but..no.