Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #261  
Do you not think that negative health consequences have been reduced over the last 60 years? How much will be enough? And what do they REALLY want?
Some health problems have been reduced - at great effort. But new ones keep being invented. What WE - and I think that should be all of us - really want is for industry and government to act responsibility towards others. Stop with the self-serving behavior.

I simply expect the manufacturing companies to pick up after themselves.
To be good citizens in an ever smaller world. I taught the same thing to my own children. Sometimes it took some persuasion.

I'm not saying it will be easy. We are dealing with lots of uncaring businesses and governments acting like spoiled children. But we can work on it & hope.
And now I know what my parents went through.

Maybe big business will even fiigure out that the easiest way to clean up their mess is not to make one in the first place.

rScotty

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #262  
Same here, i even bought 4 more pre 95 tractors to stay ahead of that ridiculous emmision game. 3 belarus and 1 kubota. So my Son never has to buy new tractors in their life either.
Right now, the ONLY brand new diesel's I buy are 26 h.p. and under like my compact tractor and RTV. But I can guarantee you if they mandate DPF mufflers or ECM's and electronics on these small machines, I will never buy one of those new again either.
I've played the DPF game for a number of years and I can guarantee you there will NEVER be another one in my yard. Not ever.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #263  
Just a thought but why is it always regulating the equipment used to create our food and not the stuff used for entertainment? Hmm, seems odd doesn't it. So excuse me but this is all BS and when private planes and jetting off for a holiday are banned, the states actually fight forest fires instead of waiting to see if they burn themselves out, countries no longer send rockets into space, the POS's that want these rules live by them. I will not comply, and I have no intention of replacing any equipment. Lets not forget to tell the volcanos to stop erupting too. It's a wonder we managed not to kill ourselves off during the industrial revolution or by the crap added to our food..... Ever think what we put into our bodies has caused any of these "health" problems?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #264  
"You can always tell when a politician is lying--their lips are moving." blitzen
absolutely agree, lies certainly abound today more than ever
(if one can separate fact from friction.) regards

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #265  
I’m hearing there are plans to dismantle many hydroelectric dams. I’ve never seen/heard of more stupidity in my entire life.
It’s like we are hell-bent on devolving into an elite/servant society.
Yes indeed! It's coming to a head in Washington state on the Snake river. It's all to save the salmon (in theory). But, they did studies and for 3 or 4 years, they bypassed many of the hydroturbines and ran the water through the bypass & fish ladders, only to find no change in salmon numbers. So, the assumption is the data is skewed because the dam is there and must be removed...

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #266  
Like the gov't does with gas and diesel?
I remember when I was a kid, gas was $0.35/gallon and diesel was $0.18. Why does diesel now cost 50% more than premium gas? This way, the whole country can subsidize the cost of fuel with all the shipping and air travel.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #267  
I design systems for a living. Did it myself. $18,000 in materials. $3000 cash for helpers to install. $12,000 state rebate and 30% federal tax credit
Yes, but rebates and tax credits means everyone else gets to pay for these systems. Not sure I feel good about my neighbors helping to pay for my solar system.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #268  
Past time to quit burning wood as it contributes to particulate emissions, 1000 times more than any tractor exhaust ever will...

Your comment smacks of ignorance and not much more.
Quit burning wood? What about my bbq pit? oh yea just use liquid smoke... nope nope nope and as long as the power has a chance of failing here in Texas during the winter I will have wood ready to burn. Some of us can't quite afford a whole house backup generator, oh wait, that runs on fossil fuel.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #269  
Past time to quit burning wood as it contributes to particulate emissions, 1000 times more than any tractor exhaust ever will...

Your comment smacks of ignorance and not much more.
Did anyone else detect a bit of sarcasm inthe post you replied to? just sayin

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #270  
As in "Tier IV Interim" in 2007 followed years later by "Tier IV Final". Nothing was said or implied about how many Tiers it will take.
My problem with all this is not the EPA, but that the EPA is going after relatively minor contributors. I'd like to see them go after at least one of the major offenders. Big Oil or Big Anything instead of always chasing the little people.
It doesn' matter who they go after. Everything will cost the people that work hard and pay for stuff more. There are way too many people to compleltely clean up everything. Someone mentioned the air is cleaner than 50 years ago. That might be true in some places. It's not true here where the popluation has grown way faster than most places in the US over the last 50 years.