Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #61  
I certainly hope that enough people eventually realize what is going on and stamp out this madness.
I doubt... the force is too strong and when a company like Honda says no more it sends a message but rolling back rarely happens and when it dies it's temporary...

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #62  
I certainly hope that enough people eventually realize what is going on and stamp out this madness.
I doubt that will be necessary. That's the strength of our type of government.

When one state- like California - wants to try something new then they can. It doesn't mean that other states will follow. California has a history of doing crazy things, and of being ignored for it.

Right now more people are interested to see how California handles their banking, the homeless in their cities, their migrants, and the impending water shortage. Make some progress on those things, and the rest of the nation might listen about the diesels.
rScotty

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #63  
I dont know. There are some states that have (I think illegally) tied their laws to California's. That basically means that without their own legislature or executive taking any action, their laws change to match California.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #64  
   / Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #65  
Many states adopt California rules and regs.

California first with emission controls, unleaded gas, low sulphur diesel, sanctuary cities, same sex marriage... and I can go on and on.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #66  
I dont know. There are some states that have (I think illegally) tied their laws to California's. That basically means that without their own legislature or executive taking any action, their laws change to match California.
I suppose anything is possible, but that sounds unlikely. I'd have to see examples.
States are very independent - as are the counties & municipalities within states. It's hard to imagine any politician wanting to give away their power and autonomy.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #67  
Eventually, that's going to cause backlash problems for them.
I've been hearing that for years, but I'm still waiting for the backlash...

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #68  
I suppose anything is possible, but that sounds unlikely. I'd have to see examples.
States are very independent - as are the counties & municipalities within states. It's hard to imagine any politician wanting to give away their power and autonomy.
Happening more and more, with more than just EV policy.

Updated: Why California vehicle bans & Virginia policy matter to AFPM

You'll notice a common theme with those states lol

Kind of like your state's SCOTUS case this week with other states waiting for the decision before they follow suit with their own current stay'd implementation.

Last edited:
   / Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #69  
Happening more and more, with more than just EV policy.

Updated: Why California vehicle bans & Virginia policy matter to AFPM

You'll notice a common theme with those states lol

Kind of like your state's SCOTUS case this week with other states waiting for the decision before they follow suit with their own current stay'd implementation.
True. Certain states, fall in lock step with one another. It happened during COVID, it’s happened on immigration, and it happens with election law. Seems the Colorado ballot issue is going to end in defeat for Colorado, and the like, and a win for good ol 45

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #70  
Many states adopt California rules and regs.

California first with emission controls, unleaded gas, low sulphur diesel, sanctuary cities, same sex marriage... and I can go on and on.
Now there's a list of winners....
I have no idea if California was first in any of those things. From my time living in the Bay area I know they like to think so.
rScotty