TICK fever!!!!!

/ TICK fever!!!!! #21  
Thanks. Great information guys and here are my symptoms. That clinic doctor was off base saying I was ok not having a "bullseye" area, etc.
If anyone has these symptoms...get checked out and bloodwork done!
Mainly I felt weak. I got exhausted easy. Joint pain. (Dr. said it was muscle ache) but mainly knees, back, arms, neck.
One night I got chilly. (In Drs office it was 97.6).
Not to be an alarmist...but if in doubt, better safe than sorry!

Good for you for being proactive and knowing something was off. They have been bad around my part of VA this year, I suspect maybe the mild winter is a contributor. Some are so small that I don't spot them with a visual check.

/ TICK fever!!!!! #22  
Good for you for being proactive and knowing something was off. They have been bad around my part of VA this year, I suspect maybe the mild winter is a contributor. Some are so small that I don't spot them with a visual check.
THOSE are the ones that you need to worry about, as it's the tiny deer tick which spreads Lyme's. There seem to be more and more varieties of tick-borne diseases cropping up though, spread by different types of ticks.

/ TICK fever!!!!! #23  
THOSE are the ones that you need to worry about, as it's the tiny deer tick which spreads Lyme's. There seem to be more and more varieties of tick-borne diseases cropping up though, spread by different types of ticks.
Any type of tick can carry Lyme disease, as well as a bunch of other hard to diagnose and treat ailments. I believe we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with these. It makes me wonder if these ailments affect squirrels, deer and rabbits. I know dogs get them.

/ TICK fever!!!!! #24  
Any type of tick can carry Lyme disease, as well as a bunch of other hard to diagnose and treat ailments. I believe we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with these. It makes me wonder if these ailments affect squirrels, deer and rabbits. I know dogs get them.

From this site: Lyme Disease and Other Diseases Spread by Ticks | Health

Lyme disease is spread through the bite of an infected blacklegged tick (also known as a deer tick). Only the blacklegged tick transmits the bacteria that causes Lyme disease. Fairfax County Health Department provides a free tick identification service.

Unfortunately for us, the rest of your statement is spot on.

/ TICK fever!!!!! #26  
The Iceman, who is estimated to be 5,300 years old, appears to have had Lyme, Iceman Mummy May Hold Earliest Evidence of Lyme Disease

Later,
Dan
And....?

Sure, an Icemen may someday be discovered who had smallpox or the Black Plague. And if a NEW smallpox or Black Plague epidemic suddenly starts outside the gates of a biological weapons facility........uhm....
...well, that would be a coincidence too!! Love coincidences!

/ TICK fever!!!!!
My family doctor just called me. Earlier I dropped off a copy of my blood work for his review. He said I caught it very early and doxycycline will cure it, I won't have aftereffects. He was amazed how I made the self diagnosis, apologetic how I had to insist clinic do bloodwork for ticks.
Gut instincts can save your life.

/ TICK fever!!!!! #28  
^^^^
That's good news. :thumbsup:

/ TICK fever!!!!! #29  
WoW! All the stories of ticks - making me itch. I'm using NexGard on my little Cocker Spaniel for now. He is such a hair ball - Front Line would be difficult to administer. He will DEFINITELY be getting a hair cut after completion of his puppy shot series.