Three point leave blower

/ Three point leave blower #11  
I use a Mist blower for an Orchard... What mine looked like before I stripped it down...

I removed the hydraulics, the tank and all hoses, just use it to blow leaves out of my ditches...
Cool setup. Makes you wonder if you use a discarded furnace blower fan to rig up on a 3 pt frame....đź‘Ť

/ Three point leave blower #12  
I looked at some store-bought 3pt blowers and they seemed to run around $3K to $6K if I remember right. They can also demand dozens of horsepower. Pretty big contrast re the backpack blower I use.

If you go the home-built route, learn about fan curves, and be careful as you're talking quite a flywheel there. Don't let it go off wandering around on its own. I think home-built could work quite well, especially if you buy the impeller and maybe the scroll cage. Just my thought.

A few years ago I was involved in a project at work that used 75 horsepower high speed blowers rated for 400 C, having very sturdy welded stainless steel impellers maybe 4' in diameter. The things were actually a bit scary.

/ Three point leave blower #13  
last year I had a 10hp little wonder mounted to the front of a little honda 300cc quad. It would blow like the Dickens but wasn't nimble so if you have alot of things to go around it's not going to work as fast as you may think.

At my house I just mulch all the leaves into the lawn. Works great and come growing season you cant even tell.

/ Three point leave blower #14  
Here's an old post (#8) from 9 years ago and a short video. Last few years I went with modified blades on a side discharge RFM.

/ Three point leave blower #15  
I made a 3 pt frame that holds my 10 HP Little Wonder blower. I can use it with my BX Kubota or remove the blower and use the blower by itself. Works great accept by the time the leaves come down the ground is so wet it’s easy to make ruts with the tractor.

/ Three point leave blower #16  
Cool setup. Makes you wonder if you use a discarded furnace blower fan to rig up on a 3 pt frame....đź‘Ť
Hi, I did just that using a fan from a old factory fan heater (furnace blower in USA) mounted on a 3pt frame with suitable pulley belt ratio to get a decent speed (approx 3:1 increase on pto speed) fashioned a chute from scrap tin sheets. Worked okay. still have it in shed but now use a leaf sucker (paddock cleaner) as it chops up leaves and easier to tip on compost heap. So yes it is possible to make one that works okay.

If you want a picture - pm me and give me afew days to get it sorted.

/ Three point leave blower
I am sure some have built a three point hitch leave blower i have made my own three point hitch and welded it up turned out fine, If you have one and some ideas let me know this will be a winter project for next fall when the leaves pile up, I swear i had a semi load of them LOL thanks !
here is what i came up with i made my 3 point assembly and mounted the back pack husqvarna on it

Attachments

• IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3734.JPG
    IMG_3734.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited: