Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #11  
I would consider a larger diameter pin or bushing. Less slop. Then LokTite with a double nut. I think workinonit has identified the problem. The top spring loaded keeper is not engaging the top of the pin. Too much slop.
Definitely a problem with the pin moving up and down in the saddle. looks like to me the thread needs to be bigger because there is a lot of slop around the threads in the A arm part of the attachment. That will also allow a rocking motion to loosen the nut.

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #12  
The cause is the same each time. The 7/8" nut vibrates off during mowing and with it goes the large 7/8" flat washer and matching lock washer. The pin then rattles around in the hole until the threads get destroyed.

Thanks,
Mark
North Idaho Cat Juggler
YouTube: @catjuggler333
either ditch the flat washer or put it on the shoulder side of the pin. the flat washer does not protect the base metal, it prevents the lock washer from biting in and locking the nut to the frame.

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it
Thanks for your comments thus far. To clarify some points I have uploaded additional photos. 1st photo shows left side to reveal the size of the draw pin hole in the Land Pride RCR1260 mower. 2nd shows the right hand side pin as it was installed by the factory (or the dealer?) and it's never worked loose nor has it ever been removed. 3rd photo shows side view of the right pin to detail the lack of clearance for a bushing. All photos in this batch are with the 3-point hitch raised up with the mower fully suspended.

1) The flat washer is required, because the draw pin hole in the Land Pride mower is so big that the lock washer alone would be swallowed up by it.
2) The Quick Hitch is a Speeco Cat 1 E-Hitch, and based on photos of the product on the site where I bought it, it's designed this way. Design flaw? There's no room for a bushing as the quick hitch is designed specifically for Cat-1 pins.
3) If wobbling of the pin is working it loose due to suspected design flaw in the Quick Hitch, why has the right pin never wiggled loose?

At this point I'm leaning toward going with the castle nut and cotter pin, loctite and torqued on with an impact hammer.
Thanks again for your analysis and comments.
-Mark
Edit to add: Checked the manual and confirmed, I'm missing a bushing (part #4 on manual scan I just uploaded) around the threaded portion of the pin.

Attachments

• 2023-07-04 09.17.36.jpg
    2023-07-04 09.17.36.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 2023-07-04 09.17.26.jpg
    2023-07-04 09.17.26.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 2023-07-04 09.17.10.jpg
    2023-07-04 09.17.10.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 58
  • SCAN_20230704_04.png
    SCAN_20230704_04.png
    789.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
   / Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #14  
1) The flat washer is required, because the draw pin hole in the Land Pride mower is so big that the lock washer alone would be swallowed up by it.

At this point I'm leaning toward going with the castle nut and cotter pin, loctite and torqued on with an impact hammer.
-Mark
can’t answer why on the right, however can opine on what you’re showing. the implement hole is way too big for the pin shank. Even when tight, it will eventually elongate the hole and wear it out. what is the diameter of the hole?

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #15  
First photo of those three shows a hole much larger than the pin. You could try measuring the hole and look for the right bushing on Amazon or McMaster Carr to reduce the play.

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #16  
Thanks for your comments thus far. To clarify some points I have uploaded additional photos. 1st photo shows left side to reveal the size of the draw pin hole in the Land Pride RCR1260 mower. 2nd shows the right hand side pin as it was installed by the factory (or the dealer?) and it's never worked loose nor has it ever been removed. 3rd photo shows side view of the right pin to detail the lack of clearance for a bushing. All photos in this batch are with the 3-point hitch raised up with the mower fully suspended.

2) The Quick Hitch is a Speeco Cat 1 E-Hitch, and based on photos of the product on the site where I bought it, it's designed this way. Design flaw? There's no room for a bushing as the quick hitch is designed specifically for Cat-1 pins.
3) If wobbling of the pin is working it loose due to suspected design flaw in the Quick Hitch, why has the right pin never wiggled loose?

-Mark
Edit to add: Checked the manual and confirmed, I'm missing a bushing (part #4 on manual scan I just uploaded) around the threaded portion of the pin.
Hopefully you will be able to buy the correct bushing from your local dealer, if not you might be able to remove the bushing from the other side and have a machine shop make you a new replacement bushing.

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #17  
Glad you found the missing bushing in the parts diagram!

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it
Found the parts manual and got the part number for that missing bushing. In case anyone happens upon this thread in the next few years with the same dang problem, for the sake of completeness it's Land Pride Part# 327-437D. The bushing is 1.25" OD x 0.89" ID x 0.56" Long.
Thanks for all the help!
Mark

/ Three Point Draw Pin Nut keeps coming off - how to secure it #19  
If that QH is designed for the pins to fit so loosely in the saddles you may never get that left pin to stay tight without securing it somehow. That's a poor design for sure. The spring loaded keeper should contact the pin at all times and not allow it to move at all. As for the right side, it is being tightened as the left side is being loosened. Both pins are right hand threads.