Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #51  
I'm glad GM's update to that transmission appears to have solved the problems of the previous one.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #52  
Does Toyota or Dodge - or anyone else - make a truck in the same category as the Ranger? Our extended family was solidly Ford for generations until we started buying Toyotas.
Tacoma

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #53  
Getting hard to find a non-crew cab pickup anymore. I agree, the 3-4' beds you see these days are all but useless.
Mine is a 2500 quad cab with 8’ bed. I alway park on the outer row of everything

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #55  
We traded in a 2yo Taco for our Ranger. Was the shortest auto ownership ever at the house. Glad it was gone.
I’ve never owned a small truck, but I always thought those Tacomas were nice. What didn’t you like about it?

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #56  
I’ve never owned a small truck, but I always thought those Tacomas were nice. What didn’t you like about it?
Its been a few years so I'm going by distant memory here but here is a few things.

Plastic cowling/air intake just below the windshield popped out. Dealer said "they do that".

The dashboard knobs for the 4wd, fan control and heat temp were all the same size and next to each other. Which one are you turning?

Once it put it in low range, getting it back out was a pian in the !@^%!!

This is all I can recall right now.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #57  
Other than my Focus RS with it's turbo charged 320 horse engine (built in Germany), everything I own and my wife own's is a V8. No replacement for displacement in my book.
320hp in a ford focus ! Ha, alrighty then!

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #58  
The worst part of the Tacoma is it's lack of interior volume, especially when compared with all these new mid-size offerings. I've always liked the Tacoma, but as a giant with two children, it was never an option. What really blows me away is just how little rear leg room the crew-cab has!

I'd love to see a new Dakota, but I am under the impression that Stellantis doesn't want to take sales away from the Gladiator just yet. I'd guess when the Gladiator production line is paid off we might then see a Dakota, but who knows.

The automobile market looks like it's got an odd future ahead.
Same, before I even say anything to a salesman or otherwise about a car/truck, I just see if I Can fit in the damn thing. Most I do not.

I fit in my 2002 Tundra reg. cab ok.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #59  
Same, before I even say anything to a salesman or otherwise about a car/truck, I just see if I Can fit in the damn thing. Most I do not.

I fit in my 2002 Tundra reg. cab ok.

When I looked at the 2nd generation Tundra I found that unless it had power seats I couldn't drive it. If I could not lower the seats all the way, my view was blocked out by the windshield giving way to the roof.

/ Thoughts on Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger #60