Thorogood Work Boots

/ Thorogood Work Boots #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Just wondering-anyone out there have any experience with Thorogood boots. I was on Mid Western Boot site and then discovered it is same as Thorogood. Been wearing Red Wings for years-the made in US models-but finally came to conclusion-mayber my feet are changing in my old age-13's are too small and 14's too big. Thorgood offers half sizes.

Made in US and pricey like Red Wing US models-250 bucks+

Anyone?

/ Thorogood Work Boots #2  
Thurogood boots are good too. I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a try. If they fit- great. If they don’t, don’t hesitate to send them back. I know that sounds simple but it happens all the time at my work. They get the boots and think they will get more comfortable with time- typically they (any brand) don’t!

/ Thorogood Work Boots
Thurogood boots are good too. I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a try. If they fit- great. If they don’t, don’t hesitate to send them back. I know that sounds simple but it happens all the time at my work. They get the boots and think they will get more comfortable with time- typically they (any brand) don’t!

RN-Thx for response. AA bit worried about the mail order aspect so that is good news.

/ Thorogood Work Boots #4  
Men's Thorogood 1" Steel Toe Wellington Work Boot (U.S.A. Made) 84-331: MidwestBoots.com <<<I've bought these (Thorogood 10" Steel Toe Wellington Work Boot (U.S.A. Made) 804-3310) with an extra replaceable thick insole 6 months ago, and I like the idea of a replaceable insole.

I use to order/buy Red Wing pull-on boots at the nearest shoe store, got tied of going to the city to buy Red Wings cause they wont sell them online for some reason so I decided to try Thorogood, my choices are limited because I have to have EEE. So far these are holding up, if I get 6 more months out of these, they will be on par with the Red Wings, and a year is just about all I get out of work boots and that's mostly because of the non replaceable insoles that are in most boots then it's the stitching that gives out, I do wish these Thorogoods were triple stitched though because the stitching is what I think will give out first.

/ Thorogood Work Boots
Guys-see my later post on "P W Minor Boots". I thought the site I was on was selling "Thorogood" (Mid West Boot co.). But when I went to the site's "Sizing" section and hit 13.5, it pushed me to "P W Minor". I discovered this is an old "Made in USA " company so that looks like what I'll end up with.

Point of info I was in Cabela's today and sales guy said.."Half sizes in larger boots?-you'll only find those on line"

/ Thorogood Work Boots #6  
Whats up with Thorogood work boots, they go on strike or what. I needed new boot and wanted to buy another pair went on every boot site and seems like most pull-on boots are ether discontinued or they wont have any till next year sometime. They was my last good boot that had my exact size, 9 eee, Red Wing makes that size but wont sell online, coarse that dont matter cause after wearing Thorogood boot with removable foot-bed I now want my work boot with that.

So after much online shopping I settled on Wolverine, I went with 9.5 EW because they dont have EEE and right out of the box they fit good and comfortable. I started wearing them 3 days ago but on the first day that Chinese fake spray on pretty brown polish came off, so I put some boot oil on them. Now will they last a year, I doubt it but to be fair neither will any other boot in my welding job.
Men's Wolverine 1" Brek Wellington Steel Toe Waterproof @ WorkBoots.com

/ Thorogood Work Boots #7  
I work with the welding trades and those guys are all raving about Thorogood boots. Although one guy had bought a pair that week and by Friday, the soles were separating. But he brought them back to the store and they gave him a new pair.

I always wear pull on Tony Llama's.

/ Thorogood Work Boots #8  
I saw these Carolina's after I ordered my Wolverines so went into the oldest shoe store in the country, shewed the guy the picture I had on my phone and he said yeah we can order them, wel he ordered them but I forgot to tell him I needed safety toe. So I went into day tried them on and seem to fit good at 9.5 W but they wasn't safety so he reordered them. That is one great thing about going to the nearest shoe store, if you got something the guy can just reorder with no return S&H fee, so next week I'll have these at $10.00 cheaper...
https://www.greentophuntfish.com/ca...HxOo7L3GOlIYNelV3OkIu5mkZymSWkLAaAmUNEALw_wcB

/ Thorogood Work Boots #9  
I bought some Carolina boots this weekend, now I have a back-up pair. Quick review, out of the box I have to give the thumbs up to the cheaper Chinese made Wolverines as far as comfortable fit goes. The Wolverine boot has the right ankle snuggest with more toe room, the Carolina has more heel and ankle room and more snug in the toe area, it should the other way around so pull-on boots stay on the feet, One thing for sure Carolina has the best tread by a mile, that I really like.

So after I got the boot savers on I used a boot stretcher to get a little more room in the toe area just behind the safety toe, spray the shoe stretch spray then tighten the stretcher up, let it set for a while and now the boots fit better, although if I start wearing them that might stretch the boots out
IMG-3345 (1).JPG IMG-3344 (1).JPG

IMG-3355.JPG IMG-3356.JPG

/ Thorogood Work Boots #10  
^^^^^
I had never heard of Colburn's until you mentioned them.

Last edited: