This is tragic

/ This is tragic #31  
Yea,that's how they operated here. There was a time when you got 1 trip,served yourself and piled on as much as you liked for one price. I was glad to see that change. People sticking a finger in to taste before taking,kids getting 3 deserts,eating 1 and throwing other 2 in floor. There's a few places where you can eat all you can stand:oops: but those aren't for me either.
I have no desire to open or invest in a restaurant but if I did I might see if there is a niche for Cajun or smoked chicken. i said earlier that i don't like eating amougest a bunch of rowdys but I'm not apposed to to owning a place where others can.:giggle: I figure Cajun food,music,drinking and dancing should go over big ow days. i figure the smoked chicken place would cycle meat through pits at rate that would sell fresh but no access left over. When it's gone it's gone until another batch come's out of the pit. In the interim we serve baked spice chicken which cook's can keep pace with. Oh what the h,,, we will advertise at closing time chicken's on the house if you buy our $10 drinks until everthing is gone. Wonder what I should na,,,,:cautious:
Have some friends who used to live in OKC; moved to Dallas. Their daughter and son in law moved to Atlanta, where they opened up a BBQ restaurant with the theme "Texas Style BBQ". They sold all they could make, and last I heard had opened 5 more restaurants. GOOD BBQ, in my opinion, will always sell in Oklahoma, Texas and the South.

I found out a long time ago (Denver) that the farther North you go, they don't know what BBQ is, let along GOOD BBQ! Ordered BBQ Kielbasa; got a piece of boiled sausage with BBQ sauce poured on it. Should have known better; BBQ in a non BBQ restaurant, in my experience, is something going bad and they cover it up with BBQ sauce.

/ This is tragic #32  
Have some friends who used to live in OKC; moved to Dallas. Their daughter and son in law moved to Atlanta, where they opened up a BBQ restaurant with the theme "Texas Style BBQ". They sold all they could make, and last I heard had opened 5 more restaurants. GOOD BBQ, in my opinion, will always sell in Oklahoma, Texas and the South.

I found out a long time ago (Denver) that the farther North you go, they don't know what BBQ is, let along GOOD BBQ! Ordered BBQ Kielbasa; got a piece of boiled sausage with BBQ sauce poured on it. Should have known better; BBQ in a non BBQ restaurant, in my experience, is something going bad and they cover it up with BBQ sauce.
Well 2Lane I'm west and north pretty much . . . I love GOOD BBQ!

/ This is tragic #33  
Well 2Lane I'm west and north pretty much . . . I love GOOD BBQ!
Well, I'm probably wrong then. I've gotten some bad BBQ in the South; Paducah KY to be exact. After about 3 days, my digestive tract was about as clean as it would ever get!

/ This is tragic #34  
Well, I'm probably wrong then. I've gotten some bad BBQ in the South; Paducah KY to be exact. After about 3 days, my digestive tract was about as clean as it would ever get!
Oh, don't get me wrong I'm originally from Kentucky . . . and you are right there are not many places out this way with "good BBQ" .

/ This is tragic #35  
Oh, don't get me wrong I'm originally from Kentucky . . . and you are right there are not many places out this way with "good BBQ" .
Well, my Okie ancestors came this way from Bowling Green.

/ This is tragic #36  
Thanks for the suggestion @K5lwq. Kilgore is not too far away. The Mrs. said she's heard good things about it from co-workers in Longview.

We are spoiled in North Texas. Even the bad BBQ joints are better than a lot of the options up North.

If you wanted chicken in the Metroplex, Babe's is the way to go. Family style sides. They have 2-6 meat choices (depends on the specific store). Some of them have some smoked chicken and pot roast, too. Good home cooking. The only problem is they often have a line!

/ This is tragic #37  
Babe's is the best! One of my favorite places. I go as often as I can.

/ This is tragic
They've closed my favorite rib joint.o_O:censored::cry::cry::cry:
The town is having a festival and probably a barbecue contest. Thinking i'd get a rack of ribs I attempted to attend. Parking was more than I wanted to tackle so I swung by WalMart and bought an uncooked rack. I'm the only one in the house and they probably won't last through tomorrow.:love::giggle::)(y)

/ This is tragic #39  
Honestly….i like the ribs i smoke better than any i can buy at restaurants. Mind you they take 6 hours to make, but there always great. Not much face time involved. They cook while i fart around doing other stuff. Im lazy and use pellet stove.

Attachments

• CD511242-028E-4C24-AB66-510ABC5A477A.jpeg
    CD511242-028E-4C24-AB66-510ABC5A477A.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 264

/ This is tragic
I sometimes cut mine apart so they'll cook faster. If I had to smell them cooking for six hours, I might die.
Hey! Yours look like you've cut them apart, too. Do my eyes deceive.me?