THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #11  
I'll try to answer your questions but there should be people on this forum that know more about this than I do.

A dentent kit is only to hold the hydraulic lever in either the forward or rearward position. You only need one per valve. To me it looks like the bottom valve already has a dentent kit on it. What you need is the lines and the quick couplers for the four hoses off of the valve. I don't know if it's like this for your model but some of the older tractors had a lockout for the hydraulic cylinder that lifted the mower deck. You would lock out the lift cylinder and then use that lever for other accessories. That is with the appropriate quick couplers.

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup
What you need is the lines and the quick couplers for the four hoses off of the valve.

THANKS for the quick response, went into Amazon and found this kit that I will order. Now to investigate Lockout Valve.... also, I own a 790 with a SCV stick shift like Lever, it will be odd working with 2-column levers on the 425.... Onward and Forward, Thanks again

Attachments

• Hydraulic Outlet Kit.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
   / THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #13  
So I went and looked up the parts required on John Deere's online parts catalog. You don't need any lines. It looks like the quick couplers screw into the 4 plugs on the valve in the picture that you posted. PN is # BM17763 for the kit of 4 couplers. The parts catalog # is PC2351. There is a knob probably just in front of the seat that adjusts the mower deck height. PN # AM102364. If you screw that all the way up it locks out the lift cylinder. Your owners manual should tell you all about it. If you don't have an owners manual they are available as a free download from John Deere.

Now don't take my word for most of what I have told you here. Research it yourself. I have never owned or operated a 425. I'm only going by what I know about John Deere.

Edited to add that if you Google the part # I gave you, you should be able to find a kit online. The PDF you posted is for X465, X475, and X575 series tractors but should work for a 425.

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup
There is a knob probably just in front of the seat that adjusts the mower deck height. PN # AM102364. If you screw that all the way up it locks out the lift cylinder....

That's even better, I'll do some research tomorrow, I was wondering how that worked, so once locked out I should be able to use both column mounted SCV levers, blower up/down, shoot left/right .....interesting..... PERFECT, you saved me some time, Thanks Again........

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #15  
That's even better, I'll do some research tomorrow, I was wondering how that worked, so once locked out I should be able to use both column mounted SCV levers, blower up/down, shoot left/right .....interesting..... PERFECT, you saved me some time, Thanks Again........

I'm only going on what I have absorbed about John Deere. Make sure you check out that what I'm saying is true. There will also be an owners manual for the snow blower on a 425 on their website. You might also find an installation manual for the snow blower similar to the hydraulic couplers.

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #16  
The detent is only on one of the two levers (shown on the lower of the two SCV's).. and be sure to get the lockout valve "pms" mentioned, as it is needed for the 425. It replaces an elbow in the hard hyd. line. Did not see that lockout valve in the .pdf link. The lockout valve keeps the hyd. cyl that lifts the mower deck from moving as you want to direct that flow to the snow blower rotate cylinder. Without it, you will have to wait for that cylinder to move its full length before the blower spout will turn/move.
The detent is on the snow blower lift cylinder so you can lower the snow blower to float mode.

it will be odd working with 2-column levers on the 425.
The lower lever is used to raise and lower the snow blower, the upper lever rotates the spout. Now your upper lever raises and lowers the mower deck. You will adapt very quickly to those levers.. :thumbsup:

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #17  
The detent is only on one of the two levers (shown on the lower of the two SCV's).. and be sure to get the lockout valve "pms" mentioned, as it is needed for the 425. It replaces an elbow in the hard hyd. line. Did not see that lockout valve in the .pdf link. The lockout valve keeps the hyd. cyl that lifts the mower deck from moving as you want to direct that flow to the snow blower rotate cylinder. Without it, you will have to wait for that cylinder to move its full length before the blower spout will turn/move.
The detent is on the snow blower lift cylinder so you can lower the snow blower to float mode.

The lower lever is used to raise and lower the snow blower, the upper lever rotates the spout. Now the upper lever raises and lowers the mower deck. You will adapt very quickly to those levers.. :thumbsup:

This makes sense to me.... Like I said don't take my description as gospel as I'm only surmising.