THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #1  

sriddle1

Silver Member
Tractor
ACTIVE: JDX730 DAYS GONE BY: JD3010, JD790, JD425
Good Morning, Picked up a used 47-In 2-Stage Snow blower coming off a JD425 with all the mounting hardware for my JD425, to date I've only used it for lawn cutting. To lift the lawn deck I simply lift up on one of the two Hydraulic Control Levers that actuates the lift linkage. The 47 Snow Blower has (4) hydraulic lines, the SCV is located under the left footwell and currently all 4 ports are plugged, never used, and that's where I'm at. I'm looking for the parts to connect this up...... The SCV....... I'm thinking (guessing at this point) I need (1) "Dentent Kit" AM128927 for each of the (4) plugged ports ???? Now about the Hydraulic Control Levers, I'm assuming after I connect all (4) Snow Blower Lines, one of the Hydraulic Control Levers controls Lift/Lower, the other controls Chute left/right. The deck lift linkage piston, seems I need to disconnect that since one of Hydraulic Control Lever controls that Piston..... Maybe ???? Just want to be ensure I have everything set-up for winter, no surprises..... Thanks for any assistance,

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #2  
Same deal on my F-935. I bought the kit to add the lever and ran hose connections to the front.

You didn't mention drive shaft and / or speed reducer and / or driveshaft direction reverser. Is all that taken care of ?

BTW: My 47 was a disappointment after being used to a large plow. Plow is so much faster, less or no spray in the face blizzard, and never plugs.

Bought mine just to see which was better. 15 minutes for the plow, 2.5 hours for the 47 snow-blower. I even added an electric actuator for the chute tip angle control. Cute, but it's now in the back of the shed.

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #3  
Google "John Deere parts". Go to their website and look up your tractor. You can print off the parts diagrams if you need to. All the info you need will be there.

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #4  
Don't forget wheel weights or suitcase weights, and chains. If you are on ice or with heavy snow you won't move without them.

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup
You didn't mention drive shaft and / or speed reducer and / or driveshaft direction reverser. Is all that taken care of ?

Came with the John Deere Front Quick Hitch Mounting System (BM17347), 2000-rpm Front PTO Kit (BM17330) and Implement Drive and Upstop BM20871. The seller had the same 425, Production Year '93 and he said it will be a plug and go.

Google "John Deere parts". Go to their website and look up your tractor. You can print off the parts diagrams if you need to. All the info you need will be there.

I went to the John Deere Parts Catalog to ID the "Dentent Kit" AM128927, just want to verify with someone out there had to remove the plugs, etc.

Don't forget wheel weights or suitcase weights, and chains. If you are on ice or with heavy snow you won't move without them.

Agree, 47 is 240 lb., seller provided chains. The rear wheel weights BM17972 (50 lbs.) + BM18101 Mounting Kit are pretty expensive, suitcase weights and mounting bracket also pricy. Looking for used thru local craigslist , shipping $$$

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #8  
Good Morning, Picked up a used 47-In 2-Stage Snow blower coming off a JD425 with all the mounting hardware for my JD425, to date I've only used it for lawn cutting.

WOW you use your snow thrower for cutting the grass?

Do you have any photos of that?

/ THINKING SNOW - JD 47 snow Blower to JD425 Hydraulic Hookup #9  
I'll try again, Yes I use the 425 for lawn cutting thank you :D I want to hook-up a used Front Mount 47" blower and based on the attached PIC the tractor didn't come ready to accept the (4) hydraulic lines from the 47. One of the SCV Levers controls the lift/lower function when the mower deck is mounted. My goal to get the (4) blower lines connected to the SCV Ports, do I need to purchase DENTENT KITS for each of the (4) ports. :confused:

Attachments

• 421 Hydraullic PIC.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 62