Thinking outside the box

/ Thinking outside the box
Not so much if, but when. 'Course most of it is just going to be ideas on how to make it look right. I'll be looking for ideas from you too Matt.:thumbsup:

One idea I could use right now would have to do with cleaning. My shop is unheated. I can't drive the tractor on the road here and I can't currently trailer it since my hay is occupying the trailer. I had a hydraulic line blow off under the hood which is why the hood is off in some of the pix. I do have a pressure washer, but it doesn't heat the water. Any ideas for cleaning all the oil off the engine area?

Man oh man I posted on your question today but I don't know what happened to it. Anyway go a pick up a few cans if engine shampoo. Gunk is one that comes to mind. Heat the engine up good then turn it off and spray down the mess with the shampoo and let sit for ten minutes. Get your pressure washer out or garden hose and it will clean up really nice.

/ Thinking outside the box #62  
Man oh man I posted on your question today but I don't know what happened to it. Anyway go a pick up a few cans if engine shampoo. Gunk is one that comes to mind. Heat the engine up good then turn it off and spray down the mess with the shampoo and let sit for ten minutes. Get your pressure washer out or garden hose and it will clean up really nice.

Thanks. I'll see about trying that this weekend. Never heard of engine shampoo before.

I haven't wanted to put the hood back on until I figured out how to get the oil cleaned up. It's a bolt on hood BTW.

/ Thinking outside the box #63  
I told you not to say anything about that :mad: You had asked me to make you a suite and to keep it within you budget so here it is :laughing:

Picture022.jpg

That's perfect Paul, and the helmet will keep the Gummint and space aliens from reading my mini-mind. :laughing:

I literally have an inch on each side.:confused2:

That's way more clearance than an RCH! :D

Not so much if, but when. 'Course most of it is just going to be ideas on how to make it look right. I'll be looking for ideas from you too Matt.:thumbsup:

One idea I could use right now would have to do with cleaning. My shop is unheated. I can't drive the tractor on the road here and I can't currently trailer it since my hay is occupying the trailer. I had a hydraulic line blow off under the hood which is why the hood is off in some of the pix. I do have a pressure washer, but it doesn't heat the water. Any ideas for cleaning all the oil off the engine area?

Oh man I feel your pain concerning the mess and lack of a good way to clean it off the engine. I remember when I was kid, there were plenty of places to get engines steam cleaned as they leaked oil way more than modern engines do. I'd like a hot water pressure washer; but that's low on the wish-list priorities. I'd defer to Paul's suggestions.