Think spring

/ Think spring #1  

Jerry B Good

Tractor
S650g
Does anyone know where I can find a governor spring for a S650G with the 25hp 60.23 cc mazda engine?

/ Think spring #2  
I question whether you can get 25 hp from a 60.23 cc engine. That's only about 3.7 cubic inches. If you have the old spring you may be able to get something close at a lawn mower repair shop then rebend ends as needed.

/ Think spring
I question whether you can get 25 hp from a 60.23 cc engine. That's only about 3.7 cubic inches. If you have the old spring you may be able to get something close at a lawn mower repair shop then rebend ends as needed.
Thanks. I should have put 60.23 ci instead of cc

/ Think spring #4  
Depending on wire diameter you may be able to bend a piece of music wire into the correct shape. Home Depot and Ace sell packages of different spring types as well. Think outside the box.

/ Think spring
Depending on wire diameter you may be able to bend a piece of music wire into the correct shape. Home Depot and Ace sell packages of different spring types as well. Think outside the box.
Thanks for the advise.

/ Think spring #6  
Thanks for the advise.
Harbor Freight sells an assorted spring kit. I bet I've used at least 6 out of the 30 in the kit so far. Its been a handy kit to just poke around and notice, yeah, that's the one needed.

/ Think spring #7  
Don't know if new are available. I should have a used one.

/ Think spring
Harbor Freight sells an assorted spring kit. I bet I've used at least 6 out of the 30 in the kit so far. Its been a handy kit to just poke around and notice, yeah, that's the one needed.
Thanks for the tip

/ Think spring
Don't know if new are available. I should have a used one.
I'm still fooling around with my governor and making adjustments to see if I can make it pick up the load. I've tried over the shelf springs but not as strong as what I have on there now. I hope it's not the governor itself that's the problem. Do you know how I can determine if the spring is the issue or the governor itself is at fault? Thank you

/ Think spring #10  
I'm still fooling around with my governor and making adjustments to see if I can make it pick up the load. I've tried over the shelf springs but not as strong as what I have on there now. I hope it's not the governor itself that's the problem. Do you know how I can determine if the spring is the issue or the governor itself is at fault? Thank you
If you need a stronger spring, the Farm and Fleet or Ag stores sell those.

Some springs have long loops on the end as the governor needs to wander a little when high revs are hit. This allows the governor to do it's job vs. full WOT. This saves the engine from internal damage.

1670792219788.png

Now, do you need the Parts Manual for your machine? It will list the correct spring p/n and then the size you would need.