Which engine do I have? Satoh S-650G

/ Which engine do I have? Satoh S-650G #1  

smileyuri

Tractor
Satoh S-650G
Hi all,

Which engine do I have? Satoh S-650G, I know it is one of the older ones because it has the head lights out the side of the hood? On the badge Displacement is listed 60.23 cu in. 25HP/2800 rpm.

This tractor has sat unused now for about 10 years out in the lovely Southern New England weather. I'm debating at reviving her. Problems I know off: implements hop/jump on the rear 3 pt hitch (always have but got worse). Oil getting on the spark plugs. One of the plugs is cross threaded or stripped. Overheating. I'm guessing I'll need a new carborator. Want a newer tractor but pondering fixing this one cause we have a custom made bucket that is AWESOME. I can probably revive it less than buying a used John Deere.

- Ryan

/ Which engine do I have? Satoh S-650G #2  
Hi all,

Which engine do I have? Satoh S-650G, I know it is one of the older ones because it has the head lights out the side of the hood? On the badge Displacement is listed 60.23 cu in. 25HP/2800 rpm.

This tractor has sat unused now for about 10 years out in the lovely Southern New England weather. I'm debating at reviving her. Problems I know off: implements hop/jump on the rear 3 pt hitch (always have but got worse). Oil getting on the spark plugs. One of the plugs is cross threaded or stripped. Overheating. I'm guessing I'll need a new carborator. Want a newer tractor but pondering fixing this one cause we have a custom made bucket that is AWESOME. I can probably revive it less than buying a used John Deere.

- Ryan
Go for it. The Satoh is a great machine once you have it in good shape again.

Newer tractors just mean more computer garbage to deal with that fails. The older Japan compact tractors are solid machines. You will be disappointed in a newer Deere. My machine if painted JD green would be a JD850. It's the same Hp and rating as your Satoh S650G. Yo got a gem in your hands without realizing it. :)

Here's a few things to get you going. If you need the repair manual I got that too, but it's too big to upload here.

SATOH S650G ELECTRICAL WIRING DIAGRAM.jpg

Attachments

• SATOH S650G INSTRUCTION BOOK.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
   / Which engine do I have? Satoh S-650G #3  
It has a Mazda PB1000. You probably will need a different carb. The accelerator pump leathers are probably shot & it is common for the tapered chamber to get pitted when not used. I have rebuilt used & new Nikki carbs